ID:2949968

Server stuff got mostly sidetracked again, unfortunately, but software development has continued to surge forward.

515 got a new maintenance release yesterday with some minor fixes, and a not-so-minor one. The pathfinding algorithm had a problem in it that's persisted a long time, and thankfully I was finally able to fix it thanks to a reproducible test case. Boy a lot of that code is trash, though. Someday it would be very nice to completely revamp the pathfinding code. Maybe.

Over in 516 land, it was mainly bug fixes and carrying over the changes from 515. The last alpha had a few problems that came about from inadequate test cases, and rushing on the ref. But we're getting close to beta and I want to be sure that's ready to roll once the server stuff is done.

Thank you so much to the BYOND Members and regular contributors. Your support is everything.

Next week is Halloween! Donut season ends and Christmas music becomes socially somewhat tolerated, although somebody please get Garth Brooks out of my head. Use a big plastic kids' bat if you have to. And if we can get the radio stations to up their playlist game back to about 15 years ago (heck, not just for Christmas music but everything), that'd be a big help. Somebody make it happen.

Login to reply.