ID:2949550

BYOND Version:515
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 131.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

A test project that can reproduce this issue reliably is required. You can help us out by editing your report or providing source code that can reproduce the issue.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In the game Sigrogana Legend 2, when the window would flash on the taskbar via a trade request in the game, occasionally nothing would happen, and the game window would change size when I refocus on the window. This only happens when the game is not in focus or is minimized.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Join http://www.byond.com/games/DevourerOfSouls/SL2
2. Create a new character (race, gender, appearance and name don't matter)
3. Change window focus by minimizing the game window.
4. In another client of the game, 'ping' the first client with a trade request by right-clicking their avatar and selecting 'request trade'.
5. This should cause the icon on the taskbar to flash, letting the user know that someone is getting your attention. If all went as has happened to me, it shouldn't and when re-focusing on the game window, it will be re-sized to the middle of the screen in a square, and the 'ping' won't have gone through.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
/*
These are simple defaults for your project.
*/

world
fps = 25 // 25 frames per second
icon_size = 32 // 32x32 icon size by default

view = 6 // show up to 6 tiles outward from center (13x13 view)

// Make objects move 8 pixels per tick when walking

mob
step_size = 8

verb
start_flash_loop()
usr << "Starting loop"
while(world)
sleep(50)
winset(usr,"default","flash=-1")
usr << "Flash sent"

obj
step_size = 8

Expected Results:
When the 'Start Flash Loop' button is pressed and the window is minimized, the window should resize upon re-opening the window.
Actual Results:
The window resized as expected.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Only when the game is minimized, and even then, not every time.
In other games?
I haven't tested it in other games.
In other user accounts?
Yes, it has happened on every account that I have used.
On other computers?
Not sure if it has happened on other computers in the past but other users have stated similar issues when brought up.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Only when the window isn't minimized does it happen.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It has happened in previous versions, but I'm not certain which ones. I know for certain that it works in 515
Workarounds:
Don't minimize the game window and it won't happen.
The bug report doesn't make any sense, because you have a code snippet but your numbered steps to reproduce include joining a game.

BYOND Bug reports should not involve joining a game. All test cases need to be self contained. I have no idea if there's a problem with that specific game or if it's a broader issue.

Can you edit this to produce a test case that clearly causes the issue without involving a third-party game?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Test case needed'

Login to reply.