ID:2949298

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When updating a game's hub page, editing the "Hub Version" value seems to not be prompting players to update games anymore. In addition to that, the Update button will not show up on the BYOND pager between the Favorite and Uninstall buttons, as it used to.

Players are also not receiving an alert next to Windows Notifications to let players know the game has an update available.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1- Make sure your game is available for players to download it through the BYOND pager.

2- Go to the BYOND pager, search for your game, open the tab and make sure your game is already downloaded through the pager. The only two buttons next to your game's "Title" should be Favorite and Uninstall.

3- On your browser, navigate to the BYOND webpage, go to your BYOND game's hub page and click on edit to modify your game.

4- Change your game's Hub Version by incrementing the value, and hit Save.

5- Go to the BYOND pager and find your game, just as you did on step 2. The red Update button should be showing up between the Favorite and Uninstall buttons.

Expected Results:
The red Update button should be showing up between the Favorite and Uninstall buttons.

Players should receive a popup message next to Windows Notifications to alert players that your game has an available update.

Actual Results:
Mentioned above.

Does the problem occur:
How often?
Every time.
In other games?
I have personally tried it for two different hub pages.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
N/A

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

BYOND wasn't updated when it started happening. I, however, updated BYOND later on, but it didn't fix the issue. Moreover, I don't think the BYOND version has to do with the issue, but that's just an assumption.

Workarounds:
For players to be able to update the game through the BYOND pager, players must hit the Uninstall button and then hit Install. This will ensure the game is updated for the player.

However, I haven't found a way to trigger the notification popup message.

Login to reply.