ID:2947899

Byond launcher says that the servers are unreachable while the website works fine, after some time it fixes itself for a moment and then breaks again later.
when i try connecting to servers from my play history it says error code 2.
both BYOND and dream seeker are alowed to access internet in my firewall.
i tried clearing launcher's cache and updating it to the last version and it didn't help
2 main suspects are: Roscomnadzor banning websites in russia might have banned something byond relies on, or maybe some of my recently installed programs updated a DLL byond needed.
Has this happened to someone before? How to fix this
Seems like the problem fixed itself the next day
nevermind, still happens
Byond Hub should work fine, but Roscomnadzor can mess with your connection to the server and cause error code 2. You can try VPN, or if you playing ss13 you can check if server has any tools to work around the problem.
Updated byond again, now it says code:2 no socket, instead of just code 2

also task manager shows that byond and dream seeker don't use any internet at all
So, when i'm in the other house that has a different internet provider, this doesn't happen in my byond launcher

but now, when i try to open byond in my browser without a vpn, IT GIVES ERROR 403 FORBIDDEN
Also, weird it gives that error almost instantly, while other websites blocked in the country just try to load infinitely

Login to reply.