ID:2943783

I have been trying to update BYOND to the most current version. I have downloaded the .exe and clicked on it, only to be greeted by the message "Dream Maker is currently running", clicking "retry" repeatedly just tries again until the message "Dream Maker is still running. Shall I kill it for you, losing unsaved data?" clicking "yes" just takes you to the message "Could not kill BYOND (maybe another user is running it?)"

Firstly, I tried to open task manager to kill the task but it was nowhere to be found. I tried a second a second time and the same error message happened.

Then, I tried to unistall BYOND, to which I just see the same message too.

So, I decided to reboot the computer and do it at first try, but again is the same nothing works either.

Searching BYOND forums I find a single post with the same problem in 2017 (https://www.byond.com/forum/post/2247183) with no solution. Lummox says it's an antivirus issue which might be true, as it was detected by the antivirus software, but I'm unsure what to do
The "Dream Maker is currently running" message means a process with dreammaker.exe is seen as active. If you have antivirus messing with it, that's a problem. You need to report it as a false positive. Also you may want to stop using that particular antivirus software.

Login to reply.