My Life as a Spy

by Skysaw
My Life as a Spy
Five teams of spies compete to secure documents, using nifty spy gadgets to foil their enemies.
ID:2943252

Just want to know. Two questions, do you get to repick major/minor after joining a new agency? And does brawn effect mental combat? It says weaponless fighting in the description. Thanks
Yes to both questions.
Accidentally bugged my account. I created a |||||| barcode name and the account says I only have 2 character instead of 3. The |||||| named character doesn't appear on the list and can't be deleted. Any ideas? (Don't delete all my characters)
I'll have to probably mess with your actual savefile a bit. MLAAS uses a really old saving setup that I'd like to improve on some day so that characters aren't all saved in the same file. Also a good reason to look into improving how the game handles names too, apparently.

I'll let you know about your savefile this week, I don't have a ton of time to mess with it at the moment.
Alright
There's a strange bug in BYOND's newest savefile code that's preventing me from being able to modify the file. I'll see if I can come up with a different way to handle it, but it also appears that another bug is at the root of the issue you're having in general. Older versions of BYOND didn't have any trouble with data structures with things like | in the name.
This does make me realize that the way the game saves data is problematic in general, and probably pretty slow since it's saving all of your stuff into a single file.

I should really redo the saving code to be more streamlined, which would also prevent issues like this from coming up at all.
What about a different route then? Delete my whole save file instead. That should allow me to create 3 characters again. Just make sure I keep gold subscription on the account.
I'll do that tomorrow sometime, not able to get to the host shell right this moment.
Yo, I think server went down
Nope, has been running steady the whole time

Login to reply.