My Life as a Spy

by Skysaw
My Life as a Spy
Five teams of spies compete to secure documents, using nifty spy gadgets to foil their enemies.
ID:2943090

Gold Membership isn't working. This is the error; Please notify BYOND Staff and include the order number 142896 for reference. Can we get gold or can anyone fix this?
I've passed this post along to the BYOND developer, that's about all I can do about it. I don't have much legal ground to touch anything regarding MLAAS Gold.
Mon12345 wrote:
Gold Membership isn't working. This is the error; Please notify BYOND Staff and include the order number 142896 for reference. Can we get gold or can anyone fix this?

Hi Mon12345, I'm checking the order info and the current status is "Waiting for PayPal Payment". That means something is still pending.

BYOND isn't the primary merchant in the transaction, so I don't have full access to view it. What I do see is that nothing about this has hit our logs from PayPal yet. Unfortunately that's the best info I can offer at the moment. If there's a way to contact Skysaw, possibly through PayPal, I'd recommend that.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Mon12345 wrote:

Hi Mon12345, I'm checking the order info and the current status is "Waiting for PayPal Payment". That means something is still pending.

BYOND isn't the primary merchant in the transaction, so I don't have full access to view it. What I do see is that nothing about this has hit our logs from PayPal yet. Unfortunately that's the best info I can offer at the moment. If there's a way to contact Skysaw, possibly through PayPal, I'd recommend that.

I believe the reason why payment processing for the subscription to MLAAS Gold is perhaps outdated code on the BYOND website backend. This is just a suggestion, given that I can repeatedly click to Subscribe; however, it just generates new order reference numbers without contacting PayPal. I have never been taken to the payment processing section on PayPal's end.

'There was an error contacting PayPal to prepare this order for payment. Please notify BYOND Staff and include the order number 142990 for reference.'

This is in consideration of the fact that I can purchase a BYOND membership just fine.
MLAAS Gold's subscriptions use the same system as BYOND memberships and other subscriptions. The difference is that it's not able to verify that the receiver can actually receive the funds. The fact that it creates an order before contacting paypal at all is probably a website bug due to it hitting an unexpected result from Paypal.
That said, there's nothing I can do without Skysaw's permission.
I went ahead and marked this completed. I suspect there was actually an issue with the transaction, but there was a recent credits issue for someone else (different game) that I think could possibly indicate something else going on.
Completed? As in?

Not sure how there was an issue with the transaction since it's not even attempting to load the Paypal site for the client to even log themselves in.

Login to reply.