ID:2938738

Hi I'm new to Byond. So far, I liked the engine, as well as many ready-made solutions that are available out of the box. I was very surprised by the simplicity and speed of the work.

It seems that having a launcher is required to launch games and connect to servers.

My question is simple, it may have been asked before. Is it possible to do something so that the game client is a separate application or something like that? Well, I don’t know, maybe it’s a browser binding or something else. Let players connect to the server as guests; I could describe all further verification logic inside the game.

The current launcher, which I see, is very scary for potentially interested players. Let's say I won't be able to upload the game to Steam, even for free, or upload the game launch file.

Tell me what you know, I'm not that familiar with the engine. Maybe there are ready-made solutions, or my knowledge is not correct. Thank you.
James wrote:
As long as your game isn't a fangame or something like that you can contact Lummox about BYONDexe, which lets you turn your game into a standalone .exe file that still uses BYOND internally.

Tell me how can I contact this person?
Of course, I always try to make personal content, not fan content, with my own sprites and ideas, without using someone else’s material. Of course, I'm just at the beginning of my journey and the engine seems very promising to me in most cases. If I have the opportunity to create a client separately, this will be a very big plus to continue mastering the engine. I don't want to rant, but damn, it already has multiplayer implementation, which is difficult to achieve in most engines.
But what about le package files in Dream Maker?
https://imgur.com/a/daEZ7wl
In response to _Elar_
_Elar_ wrote:
But what about le package files in Dream Maker?
https://imgur.com/a/daEZ7wl

What is this and what will it give?
In response to Aizark Lizard
I didn't try it, but as it says, it gives you executables of server, client and something third, i don't remember
This is from someone else;

“ The goal is to get 516 to Beta and work on 517 concurrent with the inevitable beta bugs that come out (Webview2 is big!)
Then, get some site changes out along with some membership updates, then compile2exe concurrent with 517 stuff”.