ID:2936909

Installed Win11 on a new laptop and downloaded byond, getting the 0xc000007b error repeatedly. Tried the fixes from posts before this one and nothing works. After experimenting for several hours it seems that deleting the most recent .Net Framework packs creates another error (the files missing) and after reinstalling clean ones the same 0xc000007b reappears. I've been at this for many hours already and honestly am losing hope. Please help.
You're going to have to be a lot more specific than saying you tried fixes from other posts. What, specifically, did you try?

The main thing people have run into is not having the correct Visual C++ runtimes installed. There's a link for those on the BYOND downloads page, although they should be installed automatically.

Next, make sure DirectX 9 is fully installed. Again the proper DX9 version should come with BYOND, but some people have struggled with it and I don't know why. You can however try re-registering the required DLLs by running these at a command prompt:

regsvr32 /s C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll
regsvr32 /s C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dx9_43.dll
regsvr32 /s C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DCompiler_43.dll

Using the full path is important, because the SysWOW64 directory is the stupidly-named place Windows stores all its 32-bit libs.

If that fails, I found some info here that might be helpful:

https://superuser.com/questions/1450303/ reinstall-directx9-dll-in-windows-10

That suggests that if DirectX 9 is the issue, you should be able to forcefully reinstall the files that aren't registered correctly by renaming them and then re-running the BYOND installer, making sure to reinstall DirectX with that.
In response to Lummox JR
Just did everything you suggested including the instructions from the link but the problem persists :(
In response to Lummox JR
By the way, when running regsvr32 /s C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll is it supposed to launch a process? Because when I did it didnt
In response to Lummox JR
The brute method with renaming DID force directx installer to replace the files but.. yeah its still not launching
Is it possible that its something related to Windows 11 or its updates, but oddly enough it worked on Win11 before
Sure, it's possible. You'd probably need a dependency checker to see what files are failing.