ID:2934711

(See the best response by Spevacus.)
There are a number of threads of this forum with users seeking help recovering their old accounts. There is little indication that many of them were ever successful. I thought it might be helpful for those of us with lost accounts to have a space where we could come together and support one another.

My first email to BYOND was one year ago. When was yours?
I'ma give someone a poke.
Best response
Most of the time these people end up submitting a support request and get their original accounts back, and as a result have no real reason to follow up with a "Yippee!"

If you're still intent on getting the account you were requesting access to back, here's what you should do:

Send in an e-mail to [email protected], making sure to include:

1. The name of the account you're requesting access to
2. The e-mail you want to change the account's associated e-mail address to (it can be the same as your current account)
3. Some supporting information to prove that you own the account doesn't hurt, such as the original e-mail address you used for the account. Don't pass along the password you used for the account, BYOND staff and mods will never ask for your account's password.

If you've already done this a year ago... Just send another e-mail along. It may have gone unnoticed. It do be like that sometimes.

Or... Y'know...

For most online services, if you can't login and your email isn't accessible, your account would essentially be forfeit. BYOND offering even the slightest chance of recovery is, really, a blessing. Most of the time your only option would be to... move on.

Went through some of my old email addresses today, checking for rumours of a missing BYOND account. I've been through them all before of course, but I did find some comfort in the search.