ID:2934608

Well, it's been a week. The plan was to get a new 515 maintenance release out relatively early, which went a little bit awry because I started the week out on a poor footing and short sleep. I also had an item I needed to look into that I couldn't get to right away. But not to worry: I was sure to get that done Thursday! Except Thursday went massively pear-shaped. The release got totally derailed at the last minute, and I wasn't in a position to try again until the clock had ticked over well past midnight.

I will not put out a maintenance release on a Friday for obvious reasons, and in fact late on a Thursday is pushing it. I learned my lessons about the Friday curse the hard way.

But I will be putting out a new alpha for 516 today. The next alpha build has also been a while in the making, but it's ready to go and I may as well get it out. Some more new feature foo got stuffed in pretty late, by which I mean a decent amount of that was done while things were in limbo yesterday. Mostly that part of the work was pretty fun.

So where we stand now is that I intend to push out 515.1641 on Monday, unless some massive calamity happens—which after yesterday I won't rule out, but realistically I think we're good. So you'll have that new release soon. Just not today, because of all times to risk the Friday curse, this isn't it.

Thank you to all the BYOND Members and supporters on other donation platforms who keep the lights on. The lights are a bit more expensive this summer, as it happens. But I'm working hard on the next stuff for you.

This weekend I'm rooting for someone to get tased on live TV, even more so than most of you probably were last night. I'm also hoping to consume dangerous amounts of cheese, preferably with French fries and bacon. See you next week.