My Life as a Spy

by Skysaw
My Life as a Spy
Five teams of spies compete to secure documents, using nifty spy gadgets to foil their enemies.
ID:2924268

I've gotten quite a few people over the years ask me to host the game, but with only 1-2 people joining it wasn't usually worth the resources and cost to do so.

Recently there's been renewed interest in the game for one reason or another so I investigated some options and managed to get it running on a free-tier Google VPS, this means at any time it could just vanish if Google needs the resources for a paid user and it's about as low-spec as they come, but even that is dramatically better than the systems we used to host on back in the day so hopefully it's fine.

I'll leave the game up for as long as it can go, and if any kind of actual interest flares up I might even think about doing some updates, things like my hilariously bad attempt at a 4.0-era interface could stand some love.
Turns out the free VPS that they can kill at any time wasn't a good plan, this thing goes down every day or so, sometimes more.

Was worth a shot, I'll see if I can figure something else out.
Any updates? Can this game be hosted?
I hosted for about a month and not a single person joined, if you can get some interest beyond that I can look into hosting again.
Up to you, I can get a few people to try the game out. I'm also willing to buy a shell server for it. People may become interested if it's being hosted. I would certainly be playing myself. I would also love if you hosted again. That would be amazing. Thanks.
If you can drum up some interest, maybe we can do a small donation drive to get a server going long-term. It doesn't take much of a system to host it.
If you're willing to host, I have a few people who would try the game.. I'm interested in the donation drive for long term. There's a few dedicated servers I found that could host MLAAS for long term if you wanted some suggestions.
Seems my server isn't able to access the internet anymore, so no more hosting from there. I'll probably need to look into a cheap VPS.
Here's some 1$ a month servers I found. Getting one of these should be good I think. Let me know. Maybe you can find cheaper.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/1-vps-1-usd-vps-per-month/
Thanks for the link, I'll look into those when I have some money to spare for it.
Grabbed one of the cheaper ones and the game is live, enjoy! Tell your friends
Nice! Thank you for hosting! Did you get a year of service? Gonna spread the news!
Yep, got a year. Not sure how it'll scale out but it seems to be good enough.

Login to reply.