ID:2902519

- What operating system and/or browser are you using?

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on 2/8/2023
OS build 19045.3693
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

BYOND version, 514.1689

- What were you trying to do when the problem occurred?

I was trying to connect to a space station 13 server using the BYOND pager

- What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected?

I tried to connect, connections failed, I doublechecked stuff, and I saw a red message in the pager that said I failed to connect to the pager. I expected to connect pretty easily like normal, or that it was a whitelist issue with the server, but I doublechecked with the host and it was not.

- What steps did you follow?

In response, I cleared my cache, I checked my firewalls, all were fine. I turned off and on my computer, and it did nothing. I started to check the BYOND Help Forums and try out different solutions (messing with the byond directory, uninstalling and reinstalling). I've seen lummox say things about it being an ISP issue, but I want to make sure that I've done all I can on router-side and client-side. I've seen other NA people post similar things recently.

I would like to know some courses of actions I could take to solve this. I would like to know what ports byond.exe operates on (or how I could select what port it operates on) so I can make sure that it's not a router issue or I could try making a firewall rule for it. I would like to know of anybody else who has had this problem and how they solved it.

Thank you all!