ID:277279

Well somehow My comp got tracked pirating software like MSVS and other stuff, and my net may get disconnected by my cable company. Bye.

edit: it turns out MS reported me.
Wow, you sure have been owned.

Have fun!
In response to Smoko
I know, I really hope I dont get sued for this, the software didnt even work :( . I thought that software was untracable, I guess I was wrong.
In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
I know, I really hope I dont get sued for this, the software didnt even work :( . I thought that software was untracable, I guess I was wrong.

Pretty much everything on the internet is traceable.
Everything was traceable, even more so if you use torrents.
After the tubgirl or goatse.cx or whatever it was you spammed on the Silkgames forums, I'd like to be the first to say "You totally deserved this." Karma rules.
In response to Jaredoggy
Jaredoggy wrote:
Karma rules.

*high-fives Karma*
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:

Are you sure? I thought torrents only kept track of certain things... not accounting for IP addresses.
In response to XzDoG
Thats what I thought too Xz, well I guess I learned my lesson, and I wont pirate software anymore.
Well you should have downloaded the express version of visual basic.
In response to Yorae
I did, the software didn't even install, I installed the C# express and the C++.
Learn how to use certain proxies in the future <_<

Just don't go with AOL if you can avoid it, even though it's quite easy to frame others with it.

- GhostAnime
WOW man that really sucks i guess that what YOU get for downloading microsoft products :D.
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
I did, the software didn't even install, I installed the C# express and the C++.

Why didnt you get BloodShed Dev or something that is already free?
In response to FriesOfDoom
Because somethings need Visual C++ maybe?
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
Because somethings need Visual C++ maybe?

Thats very rare for what I see. You just need to be more patient as the DevC++ IDE has a sticter compiler (I forgot the name though).
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Smoko wrote:

Are you sure? I thought torrents only kept track of certain things... not accounting for IP addresses.

I think some one reported him to MS or he openly done a error report to MS. Well unlucky to lose you in byond mate. goodluck with your future. ;-) (me moved on to 3D games)
In response to Shlaklava
I've seen Shareazza and the xbox SDK (But you really arent allowed to do that). I also think that the commercial version of Qt is Visual Studio only.
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Smoko wrote:

Well, the software itself might have likely reported him when it went to activate online, as he was no doubt using an invalid/pirated registration code. A lot of software nowadays are picking up methods of catching false keys, such as AVG (which assumes you are a legitimate victim of a counterfeit product, rather than an evil pirate), and many others.

As for torrents, they make no attempt whatsoever to hide your IP, and about every torrent software has a nice little tab to the effect of "Peers," which usually displays anyone that you are connected to on a torrent tracker. Someone looking to enforce legal products could surely do so by nabbing the IPs from the peer-lists, and reporting them to their respective ISPs. In this case, if the software didn't catch the illegal license attempt, then there is a chance that Microsoft may have hired someone to nab as many MS-related torrents as possible and gather as many IPs as he or she can. The former is surely more likely than the latter, but it can happen.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
XzDoG wrote:
Smoko wrote:

Well, the software itself might have likely reported him when it went to activate online, as he was no doubt using an invalid/pirated registration code. A lot of software nowadays are picking up methods of catching false keys, such as AVG (which assumes you are a legitimate victim of a counterfeit product, rather than an evil pirate), and many others.

As for torrents, they make no attempt whatsoever to hide your IP, and about every torrent software has a nice little tab to the effect of "Peers," which usually displays anyone that you are connected to on a torrent tracker. Someone looking to enforce legal products could surely do so by nabbing the IPs from the peer-lists, and reporting them to their respective ISPs. In this case, if the software didn't catch the illegal license attempt, then there is a chance that Microsoft may have hired someone to nab as many MS-related torrents as possible and gather as many IPs as he or she can. The former is surely more likely than the latter, but it can happen.

Hiead

To get around having your IP out in the open, you can use Peer Guardian 2. I constantly have it on, especially when I am downloading from a torrent program. This program is what the hardcore torrent sharers and downloaders recommend on some popular forums for torrent sharing.
Page: 1 2