ID:261608

i was using overlays to make multi tiles but i cant seem to make them dense
Umm maybe when you do it like

var/icon/I = new('thingy.dmi')
src.overlays += I
src.overlays:density = 1
In response to Super16
Nope. You just need objects that have no icon to follow the person around, them being dense. But then, you would be blocked by yourself. The only way to get it just right is to have the Enter() procs on the objects that prevents other people from entering them. That, or move them first.
In response to Garthor
Thanx i'll try that
In response to Soori-99
doesn't seem to work garthor
In response to Soori-99
obj/overlay
density = 1
icon = 'moo.dmi'

usr.overlays += new/obj/overlay

completley untested but should work
In response to Mrhat99au
How would that help in any way? Overlays cannot be dense. They are icons. Period.
In response to Garthor
I guess so, but there isnt any way around it is there?
In response to Mrhat99au
Yes, invisible objects. Just move them before you move the player.
In response to Garthor
How will i do that garthor? This is for multitile mobs. I thought i would do sumthin new on byond. Its for a mob which takes up 6 tiles. I just overlayed the other parts but thee problem is the leg part and the head can walk over other ppls legs and heads!! so i need a way to solve that. Thanx in advance :)
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Nope. You just need objects that have no icon to follow the person around, them being dense. But then, you would be blocked by yourself. The only way to get it just right is to have the Enter() procs on the objects that prevents other people from entering them. That, or move them first.

Actually Enter() wouldn't be right, because to enter an object means to become part of its contents. What you're actually thinking of is a custom turf.Enter().

But you're actually right on the need for dense objects instead of overlays; there's no way around that. The trick is that the mob's Move() proc has to be overridden to account for this change. You'd probably also need to override turf.Enter() to explicitly allow a mob or segment to enter the turf if one of its other segments or the head is already there.
Doing this right is a bit of a challenge, though.

Lummox JR