Burr's Low-Rez Quest

by Raffile
A game made for the Lowrez Jam 2020
ID:2604397

Hello everyone! (I know right here I come again)

This is Burr's Low-Rez Quest a fast action low resolution game about Burr! Help him on his quest as he beats down the bad ones and defeats the big ones every level! There are seven levels for the game each with various different size and enemies.

My experience with the jam is rather nice honestly, I don't normally stress out during these things, but everyone experiences jams differently. I would LOVE to see the BYOND engine be used more for game jams honestly! That would make me rather happy :)

Hopefully you try the game out here https://raffile.itch.io/burrs-low-rez-quest and let me know what you think about it. Thank you all!

-Raffile
It's adorable. Gameplay is a bit lacking though, I found it annoying that the enemy attacks pushed me around so much, plus the controls being a little clunky. But certainly not a bad start! It would be cool if the map was expanded and/or had more features to explore.
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
It's adorable. Gameplay is a bit lacking though, I found it annoying that the enemy attacks pushed me around so much, plus the controls being a little clunky. But certainly not a bad start! It would be cool if the map was expanded and/or had more features to explore.

Thank you Magicsofa for the feedback on the game! I made all the art and honestly I am not an artist so it's nice to hear I hit the adorable part I wanted :). I kept the game rather small scale to keep the game in scope due to finding the LOWREZJAM 2020 in progress but I am interested in where you believed the combat was kind of clunky. Thank you again for the feedback!