ID:193971

and no one can tell me different:

Mario RPG
Harvest Moon
Earth bound
DBZ: Legend of the super sayain (... ok, not a good example)
Orge Battles

and many many many others, submit your favorite rpgs or tell me an idoit... cuase i'm bored
Nebathemonk wrote:
and no one can tell me different:

Mario RPG
Harvest Moon
Earth bound
DBZ: Legend of the super sayain (... ok, not a good example)
Orge Battles

and many many many others, submit your favorite rpgs or tell me an idoit... cuase i'm bored

Playstation has Suikoden. To me, that is better than any of the examples you presented.

The only thing that comes close to Suikoden is Final Fantasy VI for SNES. And Final Fantasy VII for PSX blows FF6 out of the water.

Not an idiot... just misinformed. =)
In response to Spuzzum
PS2 has Senmu thats the best thing I have ever played. You can do pretty much anything ( PLay arcades,walk freely around the game and meet diff people with diff interaction given the stiuation)
In response to Spuzzum
Playstation has Suikoden. To me, that is better than any of the examples you presented.

The only thing that comes close to Suikoden is Final Fantasy VI for SNES. And Final Fantasy VII for PSX blows FF6 out of the water.

I've never quite understood why Suikoden is so widely regarded as some sort of landmark pinnacle of innovation. I mean, sure, it's a landmark pinnacle of innovation... located in the deepest abyss of boring, uninspired games.
In response to Leftley
It's the music.

But then I've never played the game, I just like the music...
In response to Foomer
I'd have to say PS2 is the best consol for RPGs, not only does it's graphics destory and other RPG in existance (to date anyways), but you can play all the origional playstations RPG's on it, with speed loading and improved texture mapping.

Best RPGs (you wont find these on a SNES):

Final Fantasy Tactics
Front Mission 3
Vandal Hearts 2
Final Fantasy 6, 7 & 9. (Ok, so you might get 6 on SNES).
Crono Cross & Trigger (Ditto with Crono Trigger).

Then you have action RPG type games such as:

The Bouncer
Armoured Core
erm, that other really good game ive forgotten the name of...

etc etc etc
Orge Battles

Not to be confused with hentai hit Orgy Battles.
I thought the PnP is best for RPGs... At least thats whats some people I met over the internet thinks...
My fav on the SNES is the dragon quest IV. Another is Zelda.
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
Orge Battles

Not to be confused with hentai hit Orgy Battles.

w00t! hentai
In response to Nadrew
Shenmue is out for PS2? Yeehaw! Hope it all fits on one disk instead of the multi-disk Dreamcast version...

In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
I'd have to say PS2 is the best consol for RPGs, not only does it's graphics destory and other RPG in existance (to date anyways), but you can play all the origional playstations RPG's on it, with speed loading and improved texture mapping.

Best RPGs (you wont find these on a SNES):

Final Fantasy Tactics
Front Mission 3
Vandal Hearts 2
Final Fantasy 6, 7 & 9. (Ok, so you might get 6 on SNES).
Crono Cross & Trigger (Ditto with Crono Trigger).

Then you have action RPG type games such as:

The Bouncer
Armoured Core
erm, that other really good game ive forgotten the name of...

etc etc etc

Loved Vandal Hearts 1, hated 2. Not sure why, just wasnt the same without my little flyin men kicking ass. FF6/8 CT and CC, great games. Didnt like Bouncer that much, love Armoured Core on multiplayer

Alathon
In response to Alathon
I finsihed bouncer 4 times in 1 day jsut too see all the different movies. ;)
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
Shenmue is out for PS2? Yeehaw! Hope it all fits on one disk instead of the multi-disk Dreamcast version...

Lets hope the skip the rather crap and overhyped Shenmue 1 and bring out 2 instead. I'm sorry, but it's true, number one was crap.
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
Gughunter wrote:

Lets hope the skip the rather crap and overhyped Shenmue 1 and bring out 2 instead. I'm sorry, but it's true, number one was crap.

Really? I thought number 2 was crap.