ID:192768

Yesterday I changed a few things with the light sabre demo I made, here are the new links:

AVI Format

Quicktime Format

The download in AVI format is much higher quality, but it's 1.6 megs as opposed to 104 k.
LOL...nicely done. Make a bigger battle and use sticks...I can see the brrom handle :P
I can see the reflection of the brooms in the glass. Might want to make those light-sabre-riffic too :)
In response to Sariat
Thanks-this is just a small demo that I made to see if it could work. I've scripted out a short film, a sequel to this which was shown to my school on a big screen at an assembly a few months back. It is going to be a total Star Wars spoof....the opening crawl will read: Video Pep Assembly, Episode II, Attack of the Seniors. It's about a group of Seniors who take Senior Pranks to the next level-from building their own DEATH CAR to kidnapping one of the school's math teachers and turning him over to the Senior side of things.
Thanks for converting it! Really impressive stuff. You are a hero now in my star wars-crazy corridor, where we all play Jedi Knight II, watched Episode II on the premiere, listen to the Gangsta Rap all day long, and tonight we are going to watch episode VI.

What program did you say you used again? And where did you get the sound effects from?

/Andreas
In response to SilkWizard
Now thats comedy :-), I like that video thingy.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
I can see the reflection of the brooms in the glass. Might want to make those light-sabre-riffic too :)

I like the car driving by, myself. =)
how did you get the effect?
I was in college when Episode I was coming out... a couple of the guys in my (obviously co-ed) dorm were obsessed with the idea of making lightsabers. Not mock-ups or models. Actual working lightsabers. How they planned on getting focusing crystals, much less hand-aligning them without the benefit of a good feel for the Force, was and remains beyond me.

Surprisingly, for all their rabidness, these particular fans were very ignorant of the theories behind Star Wars technology. I had a hell of a time convincing them that the Wookiee bowcaster isn't just a blaster shaped like a crossbow (why would anyone make a blaster shaped like a crossbow?)
That was definatly cool man good work on the effects and sounds!

-Kalzimere