In response to Dracon
Dracon wrote:
Your name is "Ter13", which means you are probably 13. I am 15. Therefore, I am 2 years older than you... nice math.

Not necessarily. I use the number 13 for a lot of things, just because I like the number. However, I am 20. He may just like the number.

Nice hasty assumptions. ;-)
Would I be mad...of course not. The only people that would play it are the groupies watching you on pager swaering to themselves that you and them are friends.

But the bottom lone is I doubt anyone would be "mad", most likely they would just refuse to play it. Sheesh, no one got mad when you made DragonBall Online, so I doubt they will now.
In response to Thrakkiss
13 is my favorite number.. but, yeah, I'm known for my assumptions.
In response to Dracon
Actually...just cuz name is Ter13 doesn't mean he is 13. That could just be his favirote number or how old he was when he made that key.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
(I'm convinced that DBZ-hating anime lovers are only a small subset of the anime crowd.)
Lummox JR

That subset is growing with time :), people like me in the anime crowd are getting fed up with the DBZ series because each "saga" is just a revamp of and older saga. I forsee another pokemon cash-cow getting milked!

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Lummox JR
I must disagree on a few points there...

I personally doubt I would enjoy playing a "DBZ-like" game... I feel that if you're going to be heavily influenced by something, you might as well not even try to pass it off as your own... Just go for the full out fangame...or come up with your own framework...

However, I don't think that being influenced by other works is a bad thing... But only to a point... Once you cross a certain line, then you really should go all the way...

And to make a game that is close enough to the DBZ series for me to enjoy it, you'd have to cross that line...lol

Another example I disagree with around here is the absurd suggestion I hear given to some who make games that are heavily based on other games... "Give it a different name, and then it will be original"... Ummm... Not quite... Putting an apple in a package labeled "oranges" doesn't make it any less of an apple...lol

The second point I disagree with is that the DBZ-hating subset of the anime crowd is small... It seems to be quite the opposite, actually... "True" anime fans see DBZ as a sort of "black sheep" of the family... The majority of fans of DBZ in this country are not true anime fans... Most of us are only fans of the dubbed DBZ that is shown on cartoon network, with a few other fad animes that they bring over... A true anime fan actively watches subtitled copies of obscure series that have never seen American TV viewing... The few series that have been brought over here then become too "mainstream" for them and they dislike them...

So the subset of anime fans that dislikes DBZ is probably a bit larger than you suspect...
In response to Dracon
I beleive I've heard that speech before...lol
Anyone notice that no one respectable(sorry if that came off a little harsh but I'm talking guru status) replied to this post, that just answers your question. No one cares!
In response to BurningIce
BurningIce, I believe your in need of an attitude adjustment. Frankly, I am quite tired of your senseless sarcastic remarks, and the like. I highly recommend you straighten up your forum mannerisms, or I doubt you will have to worry about posting here in the future.

Also note, 4 different people of this supposed "guru status" replied to this post. At least these are the true gurus, in my mind.

~Polatrite~
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
[snip]
I personally doubt I would enjoy playing a "DBZ-like" game... I feel that if you're going to be heavily influenced by something, you might as well not even try to pass it off as your own... Just go for the full out fangame...or come up with your own framework...
[snip]

What is "DBZ-like" though? Collecting dragonballs to make wishes seems to be about the only thing it can lay claim to and that's a terrible game mechanic. (It's little different from genies and lamps anyway.) The character designs are taken from an Asian myth and popular science fiction. The drawing style is rather common. Characters increasing in power is nothing new.

I like the show, but it's a package. The specific characters and situations are what define it.

[snip]
Another example I disagree with around here is the absurd suggestion I hear given to some who make games that are heavily based on other games... "Give it a different name, and then it will be original"... Ummm... Not quite... Putting an apple in a package labeled "oranges" doesn't make it any less of an apple...lol
[snip]

I agree that simply giving a game a different name does not make it orignal. However, changing the setting does. (When I say setting, I am including characters.) Minor changes in game mechanics help of course, but a "simple" setting change has worked for countless RTS and FPS games.
To tell you the truth Dracon, there aren't any 'new' dragonball z episodes. The series ended along time ago, sadly.

-Joey
Not to be disrespectful chris but,I would be angered if you did.
I believe throughout your time here, scince genesis, You have killed any good reputation the show produces through your inaccurate and easily distributed games. There is only one Dragonball fan game on BYOND that has any right to use Dragonball in the title or explanation, and that is DBTC by SuperSaiyanGoku X, and if your meaning to copy every thoughtup idea from that then your efforts are meaningless.
Im not one to talk though, in the past I have attempted to make Dragonball related fan-games, but failed miserably knowing I lacked any accuracy and the skills needed to make one correctly, and this is why all of my past fan-games were dropped and never heard from again.

I admit I am currently working on remaking my first attempt based on the Dragonball manga, but I believe now that I possess enough coding/icon skill along with backup information thanks to www.dbgt.com to develope this. If you were to make one correctly I would gladly step aside but due to past experiences, I know better.

~-Ken-~
In response to NeoHaxor
NeoHaxor wrote:
I believe throughout your time here, scince genesis, You have killed any good reputation the show produces through your inaccurate and easily distributed games.

I did not kill the reputation, the people who used my source did. I take no responsiblity for it. And furthermore, why does it bother you? And why do you even care?
By the way, I believe that "scince" is supposed to be "since".
Once again, I take no resposiblity for what happened. It all of the people who took and used my games faults, you bastard.

There is only one Dragonball fan game on BYOND that has any right to use Dragonball in the title or explanation, and that is DBTC by SuperSaiyanGoku X, and if your meaning to copy every thoughtup idea from that then your efforts are meaningless.

Ah, very stereotypical of you. Well, most of you are anyways. You think that just because I made poor games in the past, that I won't make a fine one now? All I can say is 'Pfft'.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
I beleive I've heard that speech before...lol

B e l i e v e - m e , my game getting stolen twice has gotten me to the point of paranoia.
In response to MajinRaditz
I meant the new ones on Cartoon Network. They always inspire me =/
In response to BurningIce
Actually, people do care. Look how many responded. I'm just getting opinions and deciding.
In response to Dracon
I find it very humorous that you think that the outspread of these games aren't in anyway your fault, when in fact they are your fault entirely. If you were never so quick to give out your sources to the "average Joe" none of this would have happened, YOUR creation is entirely YOUR responsibility, and not the responsibility of another, unless by chance this is a joint project.
And yes Chris, you did kill any good reputation Dragonball Z had left on BYOND, with your inaccurately made "N00B" games that were directed for such a crowd, using nothing authentic with an exception to poor name references.
Who would have ever thought?
And if you ever look around the games-live page some times, close to every worthless DBZ game out there is credited to you. I find that very ironic scince it "Isnt your fault".
I didnt want to get into this, but I did and I apologize. I was previously answering the question you posted.

Also, as for personal insults. I am not stereotypical nor does it mean anything when you correct a simple spelling mistake. As you stated "You think that just because I made poor games in the past, that I won't make a fine one now?" well that past was a really short time ago with your creation named DBO in which you ripped off basically every good aspect of DBEO. The reason I say SSGX's game is the only acceptable one on here is because it is an actual game, and not just a killing spree that is titled "Dragonball [bla bla bla]" because of poorly misused name and character references.

--Ken--

P.S: How many times do you have to leave before you dont come back?
In response to Polatrite
Well said, heck I'll even name some of the gurus in my mind as I scan through. You, Mel, Lummox, and Neo.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
Well said, heck I'll even name some of the gurus in my mind as I scan through. You, Mel, Lummox, and Neo.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

I don't think I would ever fit into that Guru category because I don't really think I match up to what is meant for one :-\

Thanks for assigning me as one in your mind though :)

--Lee
In response to NeoHaxor
I find it very humorous that you think that the outspread of these games aren't in anyway your fault, when in fact they are your fault entirely.

Nope, it isn't. Get it through your thick skull. They reproduced the crappy Dragonball games, not me. Your special education teacher would probably agree.

And yes Chris, you did kill any good reputation Dragonball Z had left on BYOND, with your inaccurately made "N00B" games that were directed for such a crowd, using nothing authentic with an exception to poor name references.

Refer to above. Consult your special education teacher if needed.

I didnt want to get into this, but I did and I apologize. I was previously answering the question you posted.

You just wanted to argue. Period.

Also, as for personal insults. I am not stereotypical

Saying that if I made a game that it would 'suck' is very stereotypical.

nor does it mean anything when you correct a simple spelling mistake.

Simple... what's that word remind me of?... Hmm, that'd be you =P

As you stated "You think that just because I made poor games in the past, that I won't make a fine one now?" well that past was a really short time ago with your creation named DBO in which you ripped off basically every good aspect of DBEO.

That was my attempt at something different. It didn't work out. Simple as that.

The reason I say SSGX's game is the only acceptable one on here is because it is an actual game, and not just a killing spree that is titled "Dragonball [bla bla bla]" because of poorly misused name and character references.

SSGX's game is pretty damn good. But what makes you think have Dragonball in the name makes it a poorly misused name and a poorly misused game? Very stereotypical indeed.

P.S: How many times do you have to leave before you dont come back?

Shortly: I like to mess with the minds of your kind of people. People like you are "special".
Page: 1 2 3