ID:190499

I do, it was DragonBall Epic Online. I played it non-stopped for an entire day, and it was about a week later when I found out there were more BYOND games. The site I downloaded DBEO from gave me a link to the BYOND software, and a link to the game so there was no way for me to know there was more. But I found out when I heard some people talking about it.

But anywho, what was the 1st game you played?
Stimulus wrote:
I do, it was DragonBall Epic Online. I played it non-stopped for an entire day, and it was about a week later when I found out there were more BYOND games. The site I downloaded DBEO from gave me a link to the BYOND software, and a link to the game so there was no way for me to know there was more. But I found out when I heard some people talking about it.

DBZ Spar

RaeKwon
DWO, thanks cool boy man :)
My best guess is My Life As A Spy, which has since then gotten pretty dull. The gameplay is highly repetitive, and there is always someone who is better than you who is ruining the game for you. Whether it be the moron who places deadly traps outside of all your HQ exits, or the punk who likes to shoot you down just because you're on another team.

Anyways, my first game was MLAAS. I remember wanting to play it so much because I wanted to be able to hide perfectly with my character. Too bad the Purple team was introduced, else I would have stayed to play.
I didn't actually play an online game until I'd been working with BYOND for several weeks! (Back then, though, you couldn't just expect to find a bushel of games online at any time of the day.) I think it was Theodis' Capture the Flag, though it might have been Sneak! by Gazoot.
SpaceTug. I played it with Monterio. BYOND was EMPTY back then, but it was going increasingly popular. The critter scared the wits out of me! It was that music.... Of course, Space Tug doesn't do that to me anymore becuase I asked where the shuttle was and found an easy way out.
DBEO
In response to Gughunter
MLAAS
Gughunter. Where did SpaceTug go? Honestly I can't seem to find it anywhere.
First BYOND program I logged into was chatters by Xooxer.

The first game I played was Hedgerow Hall, which kimberly introduced me to. That is a great game.

Lance
...Guardian of Dragons...
Dragonsnot, which I played for roughly 5 minutes then moved onto Tutorils.
In response to Exadv1
Gughunter. Where did SpaceTug go? Honestly I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's gone... for now. It wasn't scary enough. I do intend to bring it back in a new edition, though!
Haha, first game I played on "BYOND" was back when BYOND was DUNG, and that would probably be "A Taste of DUNG". There is now "A Taste of BYOND"... I don't recall seeing a version of NightSoil for BYOND though, which is what I based my original battle systems off of. I think it was the familiar icons that got me into DUNG at the time. (DUNG looked a lot like "Castle of the Winds" which I had played a whole lot a couple years prior.)
"A Taste of DUNG", when I first joined, "Dragonsnot", when I joined as Nadrew.
Um.. uh..

<font size=1 color=#333333>DBGT: Genesis</font>

I maxed out 2 characters, a sayian and a bio-andriod, in less than a week. I never saw the point of it, but I wanted to see what would happen as each new level was gained. I was thouroughly disapointed. It reached a point where I just set my character in front of a pbag and propped some things on the keyboard when I went to bed at night. That's no way to play a game. Eventually the dazzle of playing with real people wore off, and I went on to learn DM. My first tutorial? Why, ZBT, of course!

~X
The first ones that I remember are Dragonsnot and SpaceTug, although I'd be hard pressed to say which one came first.
In response to DerDragon
I loved Castle of the Wind, that game was fun.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
I even paid for the real version, damn good game!
In response to RaeKwon
Mine was DWO, which i think, if silk would start working a little harder, would be the best on BYOND. when u think about it, search Dragon warrior and u'll find 10s of 10s of 10s of DW games. the insperation, was DWO. THANX PMAC!
In response to Airjoe
The first game that I played on BYOND was also Dragon Warrior Online (DWO). I found out about it from dragon-warrior.com while looking for [free] graphics for a game I was working on. It's a cool game, a little short though, but compared to all the other games I've played here its still very very good.

Golden Stool by Dan

This is actually why I found BYOND since there was a note about this game on the Rogue-like news page.
Page: 1 2 3