ID:189768

I know this may seem like a delayed post, but many may understand why.
On saturday was the Senior Ball at our school, me being a junior I didn't go but a friend from school of mine did, I chatted a bit with him a few hours before it at a local cumberland farms, and also congratulated him for his acceptance into his college.
Well I wake up the next morning to a shocking phone call from my friend that graduated the previous year. He tells me about a horrific accident near the following party from the senior ball, and one of the people involved was my friend from school. He was killed in the car crash, and I looked upon it smug and thought it was a sick joke, I was in denial. Now the last few days at school have been dreadful and quiet and I realized that it is so, we shall never see our friend again. Usually he was singing in the halls as he was important roles in all the school plays, and always loved showing his talent, and now that he is gone the school will probably remain erie for the rest of the year.
Anyway this has happened around this time of year for the last 5 years, someone in our school being killed in an accident and the wierd thing was that before my friend died, he was doing a report or something in his notebook that I found that had a story written about, what seemed like, the accident he had gone through himself.

This my friends, is the harshness of reality, those you look upon will be gone before your eyes. I will chose to live my life its fullest before it is too late, this is the lesson I learned.

-=Ken=-
:(

It seems to be the same with the schools I go to, but most people seem to survive. I witnessed someone from our school get hit by a car 2 years ago, and she survived. Only people I can think of though that have actually died are my friend's sister's friend who was shot in the head in a minor school shooting, a girl about 6 years ago kidnapped in front of my school now, and killed, and my brother's friend's friend killed by getting hit by a car.
In response to Kunark
Damn, that sucks.

I guess I must be lucky - the only person I've ever known who died was my grandfather.
In response to Crispy
umm, haxor, you said your going to live your life to the fullest, does that mean our gone from BYOND, to to something new?
Life sucks so live with it. The harshness of reality is, in my opinion, is that we never are at a time where we don't have some factoring problem. Even if your in a totally place void of all endangering factors in life, you worry, it can be about your friends and family, or even the entire world, but no matter what you will always have the burden of worry. It's part of being human, and everyone should learn about how much life sucks, then get over it, before they truly have to face life, at least in my opinion.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Some people have never been faced with a death that hit so close to home before. I haven't, though I've had plenty of other trials, its not something you can get used to.
That's harsh... I'm sorry for your loss :(

I remember when my next-door neighbour, the nicest person I can remember in my childhood, died. I didn't really understand where he had gone and I was pretty depressed over it.
Sorry,dude.Loss sucks really bad.I have never really lost anyone , but it probably sucks bad. I hope you can get over it.
In response to Soccerguy13
Well as I said, he was only a friend from school so the loss wasn't traumatizing (As sad as that sounds) but it was really painful for the first few days. Tomarrow we are released from school at 10:30 to attend his wake. Also, someone below asked if I meant I was leaving BYOND to "live my life" but as anyone that has tried knows, it is impossible to do so. I only meant that I will make sure not to make poor decisions and that I will have as much fun as possible.

-=Ken=-
In response to Jotdaniel
I could say that is a very lucky thing, but usually people who havn't felt pain from others dieing will have a hard time as an adult when you begin seeing death more and more. At around the time you begin clubbing you'll start seeing people OD, and if you work at a real physical job, like on phone lines, you'll see people being hit by cars or car accidents all the time, and at desk jobs you experience friends being murdered while mugged(Or corporate sabotage - mwahahahaha). The best way to handle it is to see death as [Insert Deity's name) meanest joke, and its not funny-mean either(Unless you happen to die by a rushing torrent of waffles from a 15 story building, because I mean come on, what are the chances.).

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to NeoHaxor
Well,good for you.As long as you don't make dumb decisions its ok live life to its best.I hope it works for ya.
In response to Crispy
My Gran died recently. She was real nice. Fortunately for me I don't get upset about that sort of thing, but I extend comiserations to you.
I too know how this feels. My brother was lost to a drunk driver nearly 10 years ago in June of 1993. It was his last year of high school. All I have to say is this...don't drink and drive, it can be fun at the time, but think about how you can ruine other people's and their families lives.
In response to Goku72
Life sucks like that. Ive learned that no matter what I do im bound to miserably fail. Around this time last year my Grandfather died and then a day later my friend died in a drunk driving accident.
In response to The Conjuror
WOW, gone a few months and im suddenly forgotten and refered to as "somone", *sigh
In response to Kusanagi
I'm too anti-social to go clubbing :p
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
Life sucks so live with it. The harshness of reality is, in my opinion, is that we never are at a time where we don't have some factoring problem. Even if your in a totally place void of all endangering factors in life, you worry, it can be about your friends and family, or even the entire world, but no matter what you will always have the burden of worry. It's part of being human, and everyone should learn about how much life sucks, then get over it, before they truly have to face life, at least in my opinion.

I think its all about how you look at it, really. You can choose to focus on the negative parts of life, or the positive. There is always something negative to look at or concern yourself with. How big a part of your life you make it is entirely up to yourself. I suppose it has a lot to do with your priorities, and how you look at life in general (Your uh, meaning of life).

Getting over how much life sucks simply sounds like an attempt at shoving your worries away, instead of dealing with them.

My condolences to your friend, losing someone is never pleasant.
In response to NeoHaxor
NeoHaxor wrote:
Also, someone below asked if I meant I was leaving BYOND to "live my life" but as anyone that has tried knows, it is impossible to do so.

I have been told to get my head sorted out and stop being such a soft arsed when it comes to emotional feelings.

I for one cannot take a certain ammount of depressing emotional feelings, nor negative feelings either. For that matter, I can use the one thing that has left a wide and permanent hole from within me, as to which will never be healed, it wont even heal over time...

I lost the one thing that meant to me the most, and that was my pet Judy. She was a dog, and she was the only living thing that I actually can truthfully say that I "loved".

I had her from when I was no older than 8 weeks of being a new born. When she died as I was at school on a bonfires day, and I came home to find out that she was dead, at the age of 16, I literally dropped like a ton of bricks and blew up in tears...

Even to this moment in time, I cry myself to sleep often because of how traumatizing and how badly that her death has been to me... If there was one wish that I could have, I wouldn't wish for riches, luck or women, nor to be somewhat immortal, the only thing that I would want to wish for would to be with Judy for the rest of my life, yes, that is greedy, but at least then I can live my life at my maximum happiness.

She meat everything to me, and she still does, there never will be a moment that I don't think about Judy nor want her back... Also, I don't give a flying damn if people wish to call me either for what I do because of Judy's death, quite frankly, the reason for that is the people who do are just stone cold.

Back to the point now, I will never ever get my life to its fullest or even live my life to the max, because the one thing that could have kept me going to my happiest of states is gone.

I will and can gladly say I am happy and that life can get better and happier for me, but I can also guarantee that I will never live my life to the max.

All I want to say to the people who say; "Live life to the fullest and get back on track" or, "You'll get over it...", is that some people can never get over things, whereas some people have huge changes of not getting over a loss, yet have a chance of getting over it, and then there are people who it just doesn't bother.

I am one of those people who can't just get over such a loss...

Anyhow, I am gonna get off this topic now because I am getting a little angry at the fact that I can never see Judy again...

Sorry for your loss though Ken, and I hope that you will be ok in the near future. -- All the best.

--Lee