ID:189464

Earlier today, me and a friend were having a discussion about super heros and stuff and I kinda got stuck on the topic. So I began thinking about making a Super Hero game, but I need a bit of inspiration. I was thinking of maybe I game along the lines of which you can be either a lackey for your faviorte villians or maybe a sidekick to your faviorte hero and then work your way up ranks by completing missions to become the head honcho (Where have I heard that before). I was even thinking of maybe I board game of some sort since I already have a good bit of sprites created by a good friend of mine. Anyway, who is your faviorte hero/villian from TV series, movies, or comic books?

My faviorte villian has always been The Joker, and I really like how they portray his characters on the new Justice League episodes. I don't too care for heros, cause alot of the storys lack suspense knowing that the hero will always come up on top no matter how bad the situation.

--The Clown Prince of Crime
$~Stimulus~$

PS: If you are interested in the game, and would like to help, then hit me up on AIM: StimulusXIII
This might sound good.. I'm pretty good at doing tiles, and I don't really want to be a coder for this project.. I have my hands full as it is, but icons are always cool to do. Just not any sprites > . >

I'm 18, and it's been a while since I've read those comics... but Spiderman ruled all mothers 8)

-Camaro-
Stimulus wrote:
I don't too care for heros, cause alot of the storys lack suspense knowing that the hero will always come up on top

But you like the villians because you know they will always lose? =P

Anyway, if you need help with programming something feel free to bug me.
Lol, sounds like you would like my idea for a tv show. You follow the life of the villian rather than the hero. And none of that "Evil guy learns to be good and saves someones life in repent" crap.
In response to OneFishDown
I need help =\... I'm only 13 (12-11-89) and I have no clue about trigonometry (or however it is spelled)...I could probably code the rest, though...
In response to Wolf01
Wolf01 wrote:
I need help =\... I'm only 13 (12-11-89) and I have no clue about trigonometry (or however it is spelled)...I could probably code the rest, though...

What the hell are you talking about? I just wanted to know your faviorte super heros/villians so I could possibly get a few ideas and some imspiration.

$~Stimulus~$
In response to Stimulus
i'm talking to OFD lol
But if you really pay attention to many of the stories on those comic books, youd realize that the villain doesnt always lose, sometimes its simply a stalemate.

Most often the villain does escape, so while they did fail, they didn't altogether lose.

And since its the heroes goal to PREVENT these things from happening, unless they absolutely stop the villain, then there is no winning for them either.
In response to Wolf01
Then page him.. hes on chatters frequently aswell..

This is a topic forum, please no branching off
Stimulus wrote:
Earlier today, me and a friend were having a discussion about super heros and stuff and I kinda got stuck on the topic. So I began thinking about making a Super Hero game, but I need a bit of inspiration.

Sariat did Super Hero Bash which you might want to check out.

Most people (including me) feel that the first successful commercial Super Hero game is Freedom Force. You can read about it and download the demo here:

http://www.irrationalgames.com/ff/

I suggest these to inspire ideas, and because if you have a soft spot for 60s comics, Freedom Force is not to be missed.
I would have to say the joker for favorite villain, and yes, he is portraied quite nicely on the justice league. Batman would have to be my favorite hero(because hes not above threatening someone to get what he wants).
Well It'd be great if you made a super hero based game (A super villain based game would be better of course) but I'd still help either way.

The Riddler is the best villain in my opinion. He possesses the insanity of the joker, but is so much more tactical and tedious about his approaches. Hell he even lets the good guy live so that he could possess a challange (I wouldn't, but that shows he has some kind of honor)

~;)\)3();~
OneFishDown wrote:
But you like the villians because you know they will always lose? =P

Exactly...wait, no! Thats not it at all! Its just that most of the villians have more interesting personalities than the heros (with the exception of Batman and the Flash). And it would be pretty amusing to see a storyline that follows the path of a villian instead of the hero.

$~Stimulus~$
How about Powdered Toast Man(guest star in Ren & Stimpy)? I can't really remember much about him, but you could add him with some funky missions. Spawn was pretty cool and not overly good, maybe you could add him aswell.
In response to Jnco904
Lol, I remember powdered toast man, that was a funny episode.
In response to NeoHaxor
.....or stupidity.
In response to Jnco904
Jnco904 wrote:
How about Powdered Toast Man(guest star in Ren & Stimpy)? I can't really remember much about him, but you could add him with some funky missions.

Sure, just get me a pic of him. My AIM is StimulusXIII, hit me up later.

Spawn was pretty cool and not overly good, maybe you could add him aswell.

Yea I planned on putting him in. I also wanted to add Striperella, but thats another story.

$~Stimulus~$
In response to Stimulus
I don't have AIM, but I found some pics.

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/RenStimpy2000/images/ PTMsButtocks.jpg

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/tv_shows/ single_pic.jhtml?propertyId=591&downloadId=15000646

I can't seem to find many good quality pics, I'll ask my mom if her scanner works and see if I can get some straight out of the comic. :)

On a side note I did find something else I thought was cool. It's the don't whiz on an electric fence game. :)

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/lawrence/153/ wizgame.jpg