In response to Worldweaver
Actually, Keanu Reeves IS part asian. =P
In response to Goku72
I really don't see why they would have to be Japanese, considering the taget audience is most likely going to be American.
In response to Worldweaver
Not really, the hair size is a common thing to play with in Animie, look at almost all animie, you have someone with large, spikey hair.
In response to Jotdaniel
Jotdaniel wrote:
I really don't see why they would have to be Japanese, considering the taget audience is most likely going to be American.

You're forgetting that half the American anime fans out there would sell their souls to be one sixteenth Japanese. They'll complain if it uses non-Japanese characters because it's not "true to the original" (or more likily because they're looking for an excuse to complain).
In response to DarkView
It wouldn't really matter all that much to me, because, in the anime they don't really look oriental anyhow. Especially with their eyes aren't small like theirs.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
OMG HE STEALZ0RED SC00B3RT'S 1N1T14L5!!1!!eleventyone!!1!!11

=P

lmao... That is the first time that somthing in 1337 has actually made me laugh.
In response to Hedgemistress
Heh, you're very correct in the statement that the DBZ fan network doesn't really discriminate well between fact and fiction... Whatever news it is, it spreads like wildfire, true or otherwise...

So in that repsect, I can grant you that your post serves the purpose of marking this piece as "fact"...

But you're wrong in denying that the DBZ community is unique among fan communities (or even communities in general)... There is none other as fervent and widespread (barring all major religions from the comparison...), at least in terms of internet presence... Heck, the flood of DBZers right here on BYOND says a lot to that end... We've got plenty of other fan games around here, with plenty of websites and fan communities around them, all with an equal opportunity of drawing in a multutude of their fellow fans... But DBZ is the only one that could pull it off to a (highly) noticeable degree...

News of BYOND spread through the DBZ web community almost overnight, I'd guess... That's how you got stuck with all of us around here...lol Heck, even I was first notified of BYOND through a DBZ-related forum...

However, you're definitely correct that our community has its equal share of the gullible and uninformed... In fact, we may even have more than our fair share due to the higher level of fanaticism among us coupled with our low (average) age...

But I wasn't really saying "only the true news travels fast through our community"... Only that "all DBZ-related news travels fast within our community (regardless of truth or credibility)"...

So again, in that respect, thanks for marking this one as fact for us (even though most of the sites that quote it add in that it came from Variety, which should do enough to give it credibility), but I still don't see it as doing much good (around here especially)...lol

And good luck with stemming those pages... I was reading a BobandGeorge strip a while back that referenced DBZ in a way that I knew would get a reaction akin to smacking a busy hornets' nest, and I e-mailed the author/webmaster about it, warning him of the floodgate that he opened... And sure enough, the very next day his blurb mentioned being inundated with e-mails about it (one of which was my own, so I can't fault the others...lol)

That again should show something... He's made many other references to other properties, and doesn't seem to get much of a reaction (aside from some small complaints about people who write stuff like "Hey, did you know that you referenced [so and so] in that strip?" "Well, DUH! Why do you think I wrote it?" lol)... But one slap to our community, and the reaction is large enough to force him to address it directly in his daily blurb...lol

Of course, you can chalk that one up to the relatively large overlap between the two communities (well, there's a relatively large chunk of DBZ fans in many, many other fan communities), added to the relatively obnoxious and vociferous nature of our average fan, but either way, it definitely suggests of the huge presence of our fans on the net...

Meh, I'm done rambling for now...lol
Page: 1 2