In response to CaptFalcon33035
Wireless, the system will recharge it I belive.
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
I was wrong then. The 20GB one has not real big loss, anyway. Do you really expect to do the crazy things that the 60GB allows you to do via extra ports and such? Why on a console gaming system?

They really need to start going to back 1 version of the hardware affordable towards everyone. All that we are really losing is Wifi connection and extra hard disk space.

Also, they never said anything about this. Will there be wired controllers? I always have trouble with wireless items dealing with batteries and functionality, and actual loss of peices of equipment.

Besides, the system will be in my room, and my room is not large enough for a PS2 controller to not reach the chair which is in the middle of the room. We even has extra wire space left after that.

The PS3 Controller is Bluetooth® and uses a USB connection. It's a fact. It was said that it will charge while it is plugged up. So that part wont be a problem.
In response to Artekia
Artekia wrote:
Oh. Those symbols look too much alike. =(

Really? Hmm, let's see..

£

I rest my case. =)
In response to Crispy
I'm not seeing your case. They still look a lot alike to me. =|

I mean, if I used them more than once a week month half year never, it might be easy, but I don't.
In response to Artekia
The pound looks like a fancy L and the Euro looks like a fancy E. It's really not that hard. =) I never use pounds or Euros either, and I don't have any trouble.

Still, I guess it's not your fault - it's just your country's fault for being all self-centric. ;-)
In response to Crispy
Meh, with this large monitor, and my laziness, the only difference I can make out without much trying is that the bottom left corner isn't a curve on the pound symbol.

But yes, self-centricism FTW.
In response to Elation
Well, at least in that case you didn't touch his new PS3.
In response to Y2kEric
Reguardless, what about conflicts with the signal and such? I still much rather prefer the wired controllers to the wireless.
Wireless controls handle very well these days. I have one that runs on the same freq as the 3 cordless phones in my house and have never had any problems. Another issue people claim is delay, but anyone who has used the GameCubes wireless controller know that if there is an extra delay, it is far too small to effect a human.
In response to Artekia
For clarification, the Euro is roughly the same as USD. The pound is about... 1.8 USD, now.

1.87167, to be precise. =p
In response to Elation
hmm nope that wouldnt do it i am still buying it .... were else would i play the new final fantasy's
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
If you dont call a touch screen innovative or a montion sensor based controller than knows pretty much exactly where your moving it innovative your an idiot. They make it cheap because it means that people like you who dont get hand outs from their rich parents can buy a console without having to spend their life savings.

um did nintendo come up with eathier of those technologies?
no. they may have customized em but thats about it
touch screen is so utterly stupid in games would be easier usin buttons and a freackin motion sensor controler u have to use 2 hands to work it and unless ur over wieght who wants to have to jump and jerk to play a game it supposed to be fun not work

PSP is heavily overrated, from what i've heard the games are pretty boring and most people just use it as a media center, also UMD's never kicked off because who wants to pay for a movie that you can only watch on a PSP, seems a bit silly if you ask me. If PSP is doing so well why is the GBA SP and NDS Lite beating them by sales hands down in japan

u have to play it before i care what ur opion is on it and as for gba selling better like i said its marketed toward kids (the majority of gamers) psp is marketed to anyone who wants a highend handheld media center pricy yes but well worth the investment its like comparing a toyota to a porshe

DS Lite - 161,010 (1,383,391 total)
PSP - 37,946 (720,552 total)
PS2 - 32,030 (591,846 total)
DS Phat - 24,428 (842,947 total)
GBA SP - 7,144 (127,727 total)
Gameboy Micro - 3,830 (89,331total)
In response to Insomniak 420
Insomniak 420 wrote:
Critical wrote:
If you dont call a touch screen innovative or a montion sensor based controller than knows pretty much exactly where your moving it innovative your an idiot. They make it cheap because it means that people like you who dont get hand outs from their rich parents can buy a console without having to spend their life savings.

um did nintendo come up with eathier of those technologies?
no. they may have customized em but thats about it
touch screen is so utterly stupid in games would be easier usin buttons and a freackin motion sensor controler u have to use 2 hands to work it and unless ur over wieght who wants to have to jump and jerk to play a game it supposed to be fun not work

Noone ever said nintendo came up with these technoligies, they have been around for ages YES, BUT, they are the first to put them into a major gaming console and actually make them a viable control device. They managed to pull of the DS's touch screen and they having booming sales for DS and DS lite so assuming all goes to play they should have pretty good sales for the Wii as well.

Have you ever used the touch screen before, it is godly, it makes so many things possible and quicker then they would be with just a dpad or control stick. WarioWare is an incredibly awesome game that only uses the touchscreen and microphone, you have to complete tons of micro games that each last 5-20 seconds, its an incredibly awesome concept.

As for the Wii, you dont have to use the motion sensor in some of the games apparently so stop bitching about having to use it. You dont need to use two hands either, you can swing the controller with one hand and pretty much control a whole game with one controller. As for the being fat theory you seem to have, it'd seem to be you who is the one who is probably fat, if your too god damn lazy to get off the couch and move your hands off that controller and or mouse well you probably should stick to eating all that fatty food and playing your ps2/3. The Wii controller does work, when shown at E3 it had massive popularaity, its defintly a old concept but the way they have implemented defintly shows promise

PSP is heavily overrated, from what i've heard the games are pretty boring and most people just use it as a media center, also UMD's never kicked off because who wants to pay for a movie that you can only watch on a PSP, seems a bit silly if you ask me. If PSP is doing so well why is the GBA SP and NDS Lite beating them by sales hands down in japan

u have to play it before i care what ur opion is on it and as for gba selling better like i said its marketed toward kids (the majority of gamers) psp is marketed to anyone who wants a highend handheld media center pricy yes but well worth the investment its like comparing a toyota to a porshe

DS Lite - 161,010 (1,383,391 total)
PSP - 37,946 (720,552 total)
PS2 - 32,030 (591,846 total)
DS Phat - 24,428 (842,947 total)
GBA SP - 7,144 (127,727 total)
Gameboy Micro - 3,830 (89,331total)

GBA has a repository of over 2418 games, now it'd be highly improbable that all these games would be made for kids. What im trying to say is that there is a crap load of games that arent made for kids on GBA. Thats the bullcrap argument i heard every time, "Its for kids", seriously f* yourself, im sick of hearing that argument and its competlty wrong. If i wanted a pricy media center i'd buy a tablet pc or a laptop or something specificly made to play movies.

In the end DS is cheaper, has better games, has awesome homebrew(dont even try to say it doesnt have homebrew), plays movies, plays mp3s, and is overall awesome, hopefully the Wii will be as good as it seemed at E3
PirateHead wrote:
Sony needs to go. Their DRM insidiousness, patent schemes, sloppy hardware, and high prices should earn them distrust and ruin, not extra cash. Don't fuel the fire by buying their latest money-sucker.

Sorry but this is just plain stupid.

1) a different company runs the sony video game departent.
2) lemme guess your anX-Box 360 fan huh?
3) it has the Graphics of a freaking DvD player. SIXHUNDRED FRAMES PER SECOND! THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT!
4) seen Advent children? thats how tthe game play is going to be.
5) Sony cares abou its customers. Its not gonna release a faulty system like the Xbox 360. 79% of 360's were recalled due to malfunctions. expected release date is november. Howold is PS2? Sony obviously WAITS to release there systems so they know they wont [mess] up.

<font color="green">Keep the foul language and insults off the forums please. --Moderator</font>
In response to I AM TUNA
I AM TUNA wrote:
PirateHead wrote:
Sony needs to go. Their DRM insidiousness, patent schemes, sloppy hardware, and high prices should earn them distrust and ruin, not extra cash. Don't fuel the fire by buying their latest money-sucker.

Are you [expletive deleted] ridiculous? Sorry but this is just plain stupid.

1) a different company runs the sony video game departent.
Still doesnt mean they cant implement it

2) lemme guess your anX-Box 360 fan huh?
No response as im more of a nintendo fan but really i'd prefer a computer over everything

3) it has the Graphics of a freaking DvD player. SIXHUNDRED FRAMES PER SECOND! THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT!
Anything over 60 FPS im pretty sure isnt really noticable.

I highly doubt it, the fact is they probably used super rendering computers to create the graphics seen in Advent Children.

5) Sony cares abou its customers. Its not gonna release a faulty system like the Xbox 360. 79% of 360's were recalled due to malfunctions. expected release date is november. Howold is PS2? Sony obviously WAITS to release there systems so they know they wont [mess] up.

When PS2 was released it was pretty bugged, i dont have the specifics but i heard there was a lot of problems with it.
Quoted from 'http://www.newvideogameconsoles.com/xbox360recall.html'

"Microsoft has sold more than 4 million Xbox 360s since the console’s release date. A small percentage, almost 2 percent, of Xbox 360 owners has reported problems to Microsoft."

I hardly call that your 79%, did you just make that up? You probably made that up just like you made up 600FPS.

6) [insult deleted]
Thats not very nice is it now.

Get your facts straight before you start posting lies.
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
I highly doubt it, the fact is they probably used super rendering computers to create the graphics seen in Advent Children.

'super rendering' computers - I don't think so, lifelike 3D graphics are easily enough made with the right tools. That's one that I know of, they're probably hundreds more, and some of those 3D models on the site I linked to were done on a 128mb Graphics Card. How? OpenGL.
In response to Critical
Well, my laptop with i915 graphic chipset can get over 1,000FPS... if it is rendering two simple gears.
In response to I AM TUNA
I AM TUNA wrote:
5) Sony cares abou its customers. Its not gonna release a faulty system like the Xbox 360. 79% of 360's were recalled due to malfunctions. expected release date is november. Howold is PS2? Sony obviously WAITS to release there systems so they know they wont [expletive deleted].

I remember something about the PS2 having the fan on the bottom...then, that's not really "faulty". That's just stupid =D I could be mistaken though.

I'm gonna get a Wii (really stupid name..) and eventually a PS3. Coz the PS3 is a lil too expensive atm.

*tries to imagine what 600 fps looks like*
In response to JMT
The fan on the PS2 was fine. The only real problem I had was the laser issues. I don't try to pretend that the PS2 was a perfict system, but I do think it was the best, over all, over the other two of its generation. Many people would not agree with me, but I suppose those people should realise that I like what I like, they like what they like. People seem to think that one system is inherently more fun than another, when that is rarely the case(This was not directed at you JMT, just in general).

How about this, we all wait till all of the current generation systems are released, then we judge accuratly with low bias as to which is the better system, which has the most fun games, and which has the overall best cost/entertainment value.

Untill that time comes, all the Nintendo/Sony/X-Box fanboys are required to stop putting opinion based on speculation into the forums. Sounds fair, no?
In response to Insomniak 420
Please keep this thread civil or I will lock it and take appropriate action against those violating our community standards.

No matter what your opinion is, derogatory language aimed at slandering someone is not tolerated here.

Alathon
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12