ID:184103

I have played all 3 systems. I bought a wii, played it for 2 days, and decided that i dont want to be swinging that controler around for 3 years playing kiddie games, and that i would rather have a man console. So i bought ps3, and sold my wii.

Wii- Graphics arent great, but arent ment to be great i know. The remote is cool, but i got really sick of it after a while. And the remote is only good for games its ment to be on like zelda. I played madden with it, and it was horrible. There isnt even a hitstick or anything.

ps3- Really cool. I defenetly think its worth the price. Its the most powerful of the 3 systems. The graphics are the best of the 3. Gameplay wise, i think its pretty much like the 360, just a little bit more advanced. controller is the same, i would have liked to see something different, but eh, it works.

360- Cool, but seems kind of plain, seems like the xbox, but just a little bit better.

Overall, i think the ps3 is defenetly the best, xbox second, and even thow i loved the wii, im going to have to give it last. The controller is a cool idea, but trust me youll get sick of it after a while.
I hardly think 3 days is enough time(sounds exaggerrated) to tell you don't like a system and claim that it has kiddy games(the bets games obviously haven't came out yet). '-.- I've had the system since launch date, and I'm not sick of the controls(so trust ME and the other 3.19 million owners) that it won't happen soon. For madden, how was it horrible? Madden on wii actually got the highest score of all the Madden 07s(on Gamespot, X-Play - got sports game of the year also, and on IGN tying with the 360). I think you just are either used to traditional controls or are lazy. I don't have or played the other systems so I won't comment on them obviously..Its your money and your opinion though, so be happy with your ps3 as I am with my wii.
Knifo wrote:
I have played all 3 systems. I bought a wii, played it for 2 days, and decided that i dont want to be swinging that controler around for 3 years

This just screams that your oppinion doesn't count for anything. You don't have too swing the controller, just little wrist flicks.

playing kiddie games, and that i would rather have a man console. So i bought ps3, and sold my wii.

Even more proof that you don't deserve an oppinion to express. Sure, you're free to not like the Wii. But calling it "Kiddie" and the PS3 "manly"? Sounds to me like you have little self respect, and jump on what seems to be the cool thing so people will like you.

Wii- Graphics arent great, but arent ment to be great i know. The remote is cool, but i got really sick of it after a while. And the remote is only good for games its ment to be on like zelda. I played madden with it, and it was horrible. There isnt even a hitstick or anything.

Yeah, the graphics aren't as great as the 360s or PS3s, but who gives a crap? Last gens graphics were great, and they don't need improving. Nintendos right, if it wasn't for them it would be the same rehashed stuff with better graphics.

ps3- Really cool. I defenetly think its worth the price. Its the most powerful of the 3 systems. The graphics are the best of the 3. Gameplay wise, i think its pretty much like the 360, just a little bit more advanced. controller is the same, i would have liked to see something different, but eh, it works.

Yeah, more power means more cool. Sure, it might be fun too play. But will it be in 5-10 years time? Who knows? I sure as hell dont, but I was getting tired of playing the same old control methods. And the way the Wii is going, it could have some awesome games. Not to mention the home brew side of it!

360- Cool, but seems kind of plain, seems like the xbox, but just a little bit better.

Funny you say that, isn't that exactly what the PS3 is to the PS2?

Overall, i think the ps3 is defenetly the best, xbox second, and even thow i loved the wii, im going to have to give it last. The controller is a cool idea, but trust me youll get sick of it after a while.

I've played it on average for 5 hours a day, mostly Wii sports, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball and then Wii Play added too the bunch on Christmas day.

Sure, I only got it on the 7th of December. But I'm still loving it just as much and can't wait for my brother to finish with Twilite Princess.
Knifo wrote:
I have played all 3 systems. I bought a wii, played it for 2 days, and decided that i dont want to be swinging that controler around for 3 years playing kiddie games, and that i would rather have a man console. So i bought ps3, and sold my wii.

2 days is hardly enough to give a system a fair review.

I think that the first few games are going to over use the wiimote. The DS had the same problem, but as time goes by, good games will come out that only use the wiimote were appropriate.

I enjoy my PS3 too. I hardly play it, but I am not much of a console person. I think it has the sticking power required for the next 5 or so years between consoles. I am afraid the Wii will get outdated, but only time can tell.

The 360 just doesn't seem special in any way. And I have never enjoyed the XBox control. I just think that it will not shine enough to be seen. Also, they seemed to bank on the graphics for the first XBox, but 360 is lacking, and is also missing high capacity media, preventing the content and graphics that the PS3 is capable of.

Well, there is only one way to tell who will win this war, and that is to sit and wait. My guess will be that the 360 will come out in last, but that is the only prediction I am going to even attempt to make. I will say that I am happy with my PS3 purchase and plan on getting a Wii whenever I can find one.
In response to Danial.Beta
I've never noticed much difference between the last two generations with graphics. Sure for me the 360's darks are darker and the shinys are shinier but that makes it hard to see what's going on (especially in Oblivion, where its either blue nightvision, a green light spell, or lug around a torch; the former two just make the game look very monochromatic when I have to constantly resort to them and I swear its going to ruin my vision).
In response to EGUY
Oblivion is a good example of overdoing it. It was like that on PC too.

The thing about graphics is that it has to be done right. A great example of horribly done graphics is Need for Speed. The newest version, Carbon, on the PS3 is HORRIBLE! It looks fine for PC, but for PS3 they look like they took the PS2 version and added a few effects for the PS3 and called it quits.

But people have hardly tapped the power of the PS3, and really the 360. That takes some time. Look at GT3 compared to GT4. Same system, but GT4 was clearly better looking. Why? Because they had time to tweak it better for what they had.
Perhaps I have not read enough reviews, but the ones I have read have all agreed that the PS3 titles which are also available on Xbox 360 (which is much of the current PS3 library) actually look worse than their Xbox 360 counterparts. The PS3's potential for having the best graphics might be there, but developers are having a hard time pulling it out.

However, I also disagree with Smoko's comment that the PS3 is just an upgraded PS2. The online presence and built-in hard drive provide plenty of changes. By comparison, the Xbox 360 just refined what the Xbox did.

PS: Kiddie games on a Nintendo system? Is VH1 doing a troll edition of "I Love the 90s"?
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
However, I also disagree with Smoko's comment that the PS3 is just an upgraded PS2. The online presence and built-in hard drive provide plenty of changes.

Plenty of changes, yes. But an update still. All the consoles are just updates of their previous counterparts. With the 360 being the least updated. Then I feel the Wii and PS3 being equally updated. Just in different areas to the other.
Knifo wrote:
And the remote is only good for games its ment to be on like zelda.

You do realise that Zelda: Twilight Princess wasn't developed with the wiimmote in mind, don't you? It was originally a GameCube game. A non-wiimote GameCube version was actually released.
I found Zelda was actually a good example of the wiimote being used in a more traditional way.
In response to DarkView
I played PS3 around my mates, he got a jap import and i am from uk. The graphics are amazing but that is it. He even said it himself. We ended up playing wii more then PS3. And what you see in trailers isn't what you always get with a ps3. The only TRUE Quality of the ps3s graphics is GT HD. That is it

You say nintendo games are for kids. THAT 100% Rubbish.
On christmas i went to my other mates for dinner. At least 40 of his relatives where there. Only 6 of them aged 7-11 the rest where mature adults and oldies. They saw the nintendo wii and literally stayed on it for hours. They played Wii sports mostly and the younger adults played need for speed. It later ended up as a competition on wii spots; Women vs Men. Most of all the people that played Wants a nintendo Wii. And nintendo has hit the 3 mil sell. Hmmm sounds like a lot of kids want to play eh?

What is a games console?
A GAMES CONSOLE IS SOMETHING YOU ENJOY!
NOT TO STARE AT ITS GRAPHICS AND GET FRILLS OVER.

PS3 and 360 are like super mods of their old ones. I would now go for a 360. I trust the microsoft XBOX more then the Sony PS3, because it is sony and they suck. SONY ARE IN DEBT because of the ps3.....that says something.

Metroid Prime 3 for kids? ahahahahaaaa you make me laugh. Also metal gear solid? Splinter Cell?

Another reason people are buying the ps3 is because it is a cheap blu-ray
Knifo wrote:
i dont want to be swinging that controler around for 3 years playing kiddie games

Are you 7 years old?!

Seriously, all the kids around my parts want the PS3 because they want to feel mature, they walk around telling people the Wii is made for kids (keep in mind that they are kids). Also, majority of my family (being mostly adult males), tried mine, or someone else's, Wii, and refused to stop playing. I have no clue why everyone thinks graphics make any difference in how much you enjoy a video game, and even with that, most PS3 games I've seen have cliche effects, and ironically have many graphical errors.

The Xbox360, on the other hand, has graphics that flow together(not crappy, and not too intense), and a lot of decent gameplay, with plenty of interaction, and the Online functions make it even better.
... and even thow i loved the wii, im going to have to give it last. The controller is a cool idea, but trust me youll get sick of it after a while.

I bought the Wii when it first came out.....Im not sick of the controller yet. I'm sure you only played Wii sports, or if you did play any other games only maybe an hour of them. Wii sports while fun, gets old fast. If you play through Legend of Zelda, you'll love the controller even more. So really I'm sure your not sick of the controller, just sick of the games.
Also, Legend of Zelda had about the best graphics of all the games for the Wii. But Nintendo stated those graphics were only pushing the power of the GameCube, NOT the Wii. Meaning as time goes on, I'm sure we'll see more in the graphics department on the Wii.... even though it may not reach 360.
In response to FriesOfDoom
Someone looked into the wii and found an unknown chip which seems to do with graphics or something. XBOX 360 Had that too. So they busted out with it with the 1080.
Its time someone else reviewed this. My bro has the XBOX 360, A Wii is coming around the corner for me and I'm sure a PS3 is gonna come into the house somewhere.
In response to Smoko

smoko-"Even more proof that you don't deserve an oppinion to express. Sure, you're free to not like the Wii. But calling it "Kiddie" and the PS3 "manly"? Sounds to me like you have little self respect, and jump on what seems to be the cool thing so people will like you."

Thats funny, i thought the cool thing on byond was to say that playstation 3 sucks, and the wii is the best.

And the wii does have kiddie games for christ sake. Sure, it may have a few games like metal gear, which playstation will have that are not. But mainly there games like mario, kirby, mario party, ect...

Zelda is a great game, the wii is a great system, i never said i didnt like it, infact i said i liked the wii. But i would rather have the playstation 3 over the wii. Sure i sometimes regret my decision, but i think i made the right choice.
In response to Knifo
Knifo wrote:
And the wii does have kiddie games for christ sake. Sure, it may have a few games like metal gear, which playstation will have that are not. But mainly there games like mario, kirby, mario party, ect...

If you think that Mario and Kirby are kids games, you need to be smacked with the trout of brightness. Mario games are fun for EVERYONE, not just kids. When Nintendo says "Fun for the whole family" they mean it. I probably spent more time on "New Super Mario Bros" for DS than I did my X-Box, total. I am absolutely not a kid(Well, some of the older BYONDers might not agree), I'm 20. The new Kirby for DS has already gotten about 6 hours from me, and I still plan on finishing it.

I am not afraid to admit that I enjoy playing games that aren't graphically stunning.

Mario Party is a good example of a board game for a console. Do you call Monopoly a kids game?

It isn't about going against the grain and calling the Wii a kids console. You are wrong, that simple.

I currently resurve my judgement on the consoles because developers have hardly had any time to use their strengths correctly.

As for the person who said that PS3 games have mixed up graphics(Both good and bad at the same time), only game I have played like that so far was Need for Speed: Carbon. I think it was like that because they directly ported over the PS2 version to the PS3 without considering the advanced options that the PS3 has.

I suggest you reserve you options for about a year. You can get whichever console you want now, but refrain from bashing other consoles until you give them a fair chance after a few games have came out(The Wii and PS3 don't have a lot of titles right now).
In response to Danial.Beta
Knifo, PS3 Hardly have any games that are just dedicated to PS3. Maybe like 4 that is it. They are all going to other systems. GT (Maybe will stick around) and Tekken. That is all i can think of.

Sony are having trouble getting loans for PS4 because of the PS3's success right now. Sony need the european market, which i doubt they will get.

All sony can do is graphics.....eventually XBOX and nintendo will catch up and their unique ideas.

And another thing. The sales of the Wii are increasing but it would greatly rise in spring when Nintendo ship more out to the EU because of the great demand and the shortage.

And do not count nintendo out or xbox. XBOX already took aways PS3's 1080 uniqueness on the launch day with its update. Nintendo are secretive, they won't give away what they have lined up.
In response to Knifo
I'd reply better, but Daniel.Beta has pretty much summed up what I basically would of said.
Knifo wrote:
i dont want to be swinging that controler around for 3 years playing kiddie games, and that i would rather have a man console.

Surprisingly I don't have a problem with you thinking that Nintendo games are for kids. The thing that really irritates me about your statement is that you think PS3 is grown-up.
Look at the blockbuster PS2 and PS3 titles. They're clearly aimed at 13-19 year old males.
It's true that adults do play those games, but their target audiance is almost always the teenish (and the only people who consider teenagers adults are teenagers and Texas judges).

If it was a manly console it'd be out playing sports, or possibly working in a coal mine.
In response to Karrigo
See, the reason the 360 has those is because it's been out for a lot longer than the other two systems. Personally, I think the 360 is awesome now. They've had time to work and perfect things so kudos to Microsoft for their good idea to release early.

The Nintendo Wii has shown that it has so much potential and I can't wait to see what it's going to do in the next year or two. Could you imagine the realistic possibilities for games? This system, by far, is going to rule the "party game" scene. Me and my buddies love playing rounds of Wii Golf already!

The PS3, I've yet to try. I haven't heard that good of reviews for it, though. But I think in due time, it'll be an excellent system. I just don't want to fork over 600 dollars for a system I'm rarely going to use. I'd rather pay the 250 for the Wii. Blu-Ray was a bad idea (at least for now), but I think the PS3 will really expand on this market too.

In the end, I think each system offers it's own blend of options, games, and everything else involved in these "SuperSystems." It all depends on what you prefer.

But in my personal opinion, I prefer the Wii over the rest.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6