ID:184082

Any one noticed that IE does not seem to open alot of games on byond or is it just me O.O

I know a few others but i think Byond should be thinking about trying to get connected with IE better, since it seems to be screwing me over.

Other Views?
Pyro4936 wrote:
Other Views?

My personal view is that you should be using Firefox anyways. :)

Otherwise, not being a user of IE, I can't really help you with your problem. Maybe it isn't so much a BYOND issue as it is an issue with your browser/settings?

Hiead
In response to Hiead

Do the right thing :)
Mine is workin fine...0_0
Pyro4936 wrote:
Any one noticed that IE does not seem to open alot of games on byond or is it just me O.O

I know a few others but i think Byond should be thinking about trying to get connected with IE better, since it seems to be screwing me over.

Other Views?
I havent had any trouble with byond games yet. But alot of websites are all screwed up, Im using IE7 and I hate it.
Pyro4936 wrote:
Re: IE + Byond = Screwed Up

No, IE = Screwed Up. Breaking BYOND links just happens to be an unfortunate side effect. Don't you love Microsoft's method of forcing people to migrate? Download the software behind your back without asking, then hound you every time you sit down to use the upgrade?

I still haven't upgraded to IE7 on my XP laptop; and if you've already upgraded, just start using Opera (or Firefox).
In response to PirateHead
PirateHead wrote:
No, IE = Screwed Up. Breaking BYOND links just happens to be an unfortunate side effect. Don't you love Microsoft's method of forcing people to migrate? Download the software behind your back without asking, then hound you every time you sit down to use the upgrade?

Curiously, it hasn't asked me yet, despite the fact that I have Automatic Updates on. It's asked me to install various security patches, but not IE7.

Not that I'm complaining!
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Curiously, it hasn't asked me yet, despite the fact that I have Automatic Updates on. It's asked me to install various security patches, but not IE7.

It never prodded me, either. I only ever downloaded it to see what the fuss was about. And I was definitely less-than impressed.

Hiead
no matter what browser you use, BYOND will screw up because it still isnt a perfect system. Besides that, i get the same error all the time, just log out of the pager, then open the game. You should be set for the day.

This problem will eventually go away ..... if any1 said teh same thing as me i dont care cause i'm too lasy to read the other posts