ID:183606

Is it me? Or has byond been running slower and slower? Not witht he games but withere there website. My posts dont seem to show up on the members page and it's not updating it at real time. Why arn't my posts being shown >.<!!
That would be because the blocked your page from the front site. They do not wish parents of young children to find their children looking at a page which emphasizes drugs.

If you want your posts back on the front page, the idea would be, stop posting about drugs and fix your CSS.
Drakiel wrote:
Is it me? Or has byond been running slower and slower? Not witht he games but withere there website. My posts dont seem to show up on the members page and it's not updating it at real time. Why arn't my posts being shown >.<!!

Your posts aren't showing on the main members page. Your blog doesn't get listed there for fairly obvious reasons.

Lummox JR
In response to Tiberath
Thats funny. Well I guess I cant stop being who I am so keep me blocked. What I dont get is - I dont feel like im braking any port of the TOS.

We want to allow free expression of ideas on BYOND Member sites; in particular we want the BYOND Member pages themselves to reflect the personality and interests of the Member. However, in cases where the BYOND staff determines that images or content on a BYOND Member site are detrimental to the interests of BYOND, the BYOND Staff may choose to filter or remove the images or content, such as from search results, site summaries, or the BYOND forums. In extreme cases, the BYOND Staff may determine that the content of a site is so detrimental that we must terminate the BYOND Membership.

What is different with creating a guild for people who smoke than it is for people who whore naruto? I have 3 images on my page. One is a background of bud, one is a mini leaf, and one is of bob marley. Is there any wrong in that? Isn't this blog I bought suppose to be for me? Did I damage byond in any way? Is it me or am I just freely expressing myself?
In response to Drakiel
Doing drugs is illegal, simple as that. If parents see that, they will immediately block BYOND for their child. It's that simple. Why you have so much trouble understand this, is completely beyond me.
In response to Drakiel
You seemed to have missed an important part:

"The BYOND Staff reserves the right to modify or discontinue any part of the Service at any time. You agree that BYOND will not be held liable for any modification or discontinuance of the Service."
In response to Drakiel
Drakiel wrote:
We want to allow free expression of ideas on BYOND Member sites; in particular we want the BYOND Member pages themselves to reflect the personality and interests of the Member.

Yes. However, we also have to have some standards for appropriate content for public display (i.e; the front-page)-- particularly since the majority of our users are children.
In response to Tiberath
I can understand the whole "what about the children" argument. Who knows how many times that has come up with on the internet. Tib, I dont adone illegal drugs. Just the ones that are 1/2 legal by federal prescription.

Im fine with being blocked from the front page.
All I want is guild members to be able to recieve page notices on new posts. =P
In response to Drakiel
The Internet is a place where people congregate. It is no excuse for stupidity or illegal activity. People often make this mistake, but the fact of the matter is, people online are just as real as people offline. Which is pretty obvious because we're all here, talking into our microphones or typing on our keyboards. Just because we use aliases doesn't mean not not any more real online than we are off. This brings me back to my original point. Children finding your blog and being impressionable. Mothers finding children on your blog, and banning their children from BYOND. All of which are possible.

Your argument (if you can even call it that) will only work on websites which are not designed to include children into the user base. What's more, by posting that image, it does open the door for a possible police raid on your house. All the police would have to do is contact BYOND for your IP, trace that IP to an ISP, and get the ISP to release the information of who had that IP address on the corresponding day. That will most likely not happen, but still possible.
In response to Drakiel
I do receive messages when you post btw.
In response to Drakiel
Drakiel wrote:
Thats funny. Well I guess I cant stop being who I am so keep me blocked. What I dont get is - I dont feel like im braking any port of the TOS.

You're not. But that doesn't mean it's appropriate for the main members page, regardless. You don't have to outright violate TOS for that to happen.

And the difference between marijuana and Naruto is pretty straightforward: Most parents don't object to their kids watching an anime.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Whereupon we hit upon the flaws in parenting these days.
In response to Drakiel
By that logic it's 'half legal' for me to pilot a helicopter. I don't have a license or even a basic understanding of the controls, but some people are legally allowed to fly helicopters so it's sort of legal.
In response to DarkView
Murder's half-legal. I mean, if some states can execute people, then surely that means I can kinda sorta kill someone, right?
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Murder's half-legal. I mean, if some states can execute people, then surely that means I can kinda sorta kill someone, right?

http://www.army.mil/
In response to Tiberath
The whole argument comes down to one thing: should children be allowed to see things parents might not approve of? As the supporters of censorship always ignore any other ideas, and simply cling to "morals" without any reason for why they exist there is no point in arguing.

Simply put: Don't argue with the owners/respected members of a website, or any community in general they just don't care.
In response to Zapno
Minors aren't people. That's pretty much what the law boils down to. Until you're out of your parent's house, you belong to them.
In response to Zapno
Zapno wrote:
The whole argument comes down to one thing: should children be allowed to see things parents might not approve of? As the supporters of censorship always ignore any other ideas, and simply cling to "morals" without any reason for why they exist there is no point in arguing.

Simply put: Don't argue with the owners/respected members of a website, or any community in general they just don't care.

You forgot to add in the fact it could be offensive to people. In the case of drugs. Someone's family member or good friend could have either ruined their life with or been killed by drugs/someone using drugs.
In response to Tiberath
And that changes what? Why should something be taken down just because someone could find it offencive? Nearly anything, if not anything could be thought of as offencive by someone. Let's take down the whole damn world.
In response to Zapno
Maybe you're new here, but we take things down because somebody could find them offensive ALL THE TIME.

It's just a matter of how often.
Page: 1 2 3