ID:181263

what i am going to is upload my game stickman maze to kongregate, newgrounds , and armor games
In response to Laserdog
Does the... Flash client work that way? o_O
In response to LordAndrew
Yeh...
In response to LordAndrew
Yes and no.

While it seems likely you will be able to upload the game to flash portals, it is only a client that can connect to a server--it cannot run the game. This means that you need to set up a dedicated host to really take advantage of this.
In response to DarkCampainger
If it's singleplayer it won't need host (or at least shouldn't need).
In response to Ripiz
It also won't run in the flash client, as porting the full VM is a much bigger task than the DreamSeeker's client-only functions.
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:

I believe Tom said, at least for the first few versions, that it wouldn't act as a server, only the client.
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:

Regardless of whether a game is singleplayer or multiplayer, FlashDS wont be able to run it unless it's already being hosted by a dedicated DreamDaemon server.

Whether or not people can upload it to Kongregate and other such flash portals is speculative at best. If they can, one would hope they have the necessary methods to bypass the BYOND Key system. If FlashDS does allow for logging into BYOND keys, 99% of the users on flash portals probably wont know what BYOND is or why they should login with it.

But details on it are sketchy at best. I'd love to know more, but it'll probably have to wait until all this website stuff is sorted.
This opens up amazing opportunities to get on sites like New Grounds etc. I'd definitely start researching it O_O
BYOND's Flash is one of the major factors I'm aiming for for Project TH. I just feel it would have a better impact if the game, for all purposes, worked like a real Flash MMO. Of course, if possible I want to release it as a "Launch Title" for Flash, but that's very unlikely considering BYOND's progress towards it.
My own hope is for the ability to work with Facebook. Technically, it's possible now - through Javascript. However, it's too much work at the moment, and probably wouldn't draw many players.

My only problem is that you have to be 18 to own a FB app. D:
4 more months...