ID:175838

Is it possible to have more than one computer host a server, so the game can have more players with less lag? A friend said it might be possible cause he said he thinks the blue book says how to...Is this possible and how could someone do this?
Koolguy900095 wrote:
Is it possible to have more than one computer host a server, so the game can have more players with less lag? A friend said it might be possible cause he said he thinks the blue book says how to...Is this possible and how could someone do this?

It's possible to have more than one computer host servers, but not all the same server. You can transfer players between worlds with world.Export() if you know where the other servers are.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
so like different computers can host different maps and i could set it up so when the person teleports to that map they goto the other server without knowing? Also if i make it so the person who is hosting the other maps host in private so it dont show in hub could people still join?
In response to Koolguy900095
Koolguy900095 wrote:
so like different computers can host different maps and i could set it up so when the person teleports to that map they goto the other server without knowing?

you can link them to the new world (link()) but they will be prompted if they want to go there, unless their "link" preference on the dreamseeker is set to on.

Also if i make it so the person who is hosting the other maps host in private so it dont show in hub could people still join?

yes.

I'm taking it that this is what your other post in this section was about so I am suggesting that you should check out Lummox JR's world swapping library. I think it may be on BYONDScape only... not sure though.

Canar