ID:175209

How could I make it so you can use your character at any server? Would I instead of saving on the host's computer save on the players? Also Im going to have it save the houses players make (This is not a building game) how could I make that a global save too? Or How could I save things on my computer and not the host's or the players?
Koolguy900095 wrote:
How could I make it so you can use your character at any server? Would I instead of saving on the host's computer save on the players? Also Im going to have it save the houses players make (This is not a building game) how could I make that a global save too? Or How could I save things on my computer and not the host's or the players?

look up client import and export, they will allow you to save a file on the client's computer and then load it up as well. if you need more help just post a reply :)
As mentioned, client-side savefiles (client.Import() and client.Export()) are the easiest way to do this. However, client-side savefiles are very easy to hack into and change. If you do use them, it's essential that you encrypt the savefile.

Storing savefiles on a remote server is probably a better option, but slightly harder to set up. I believe Ebonshadow has a savefile hub system that does this. (It does cost money, though.)