ID:165870

How do you make it so when the player logs in the "icon type" is automaticly set to big. If you don't know what I mean, its under Layout on the Dream Seeker Hud. I tryed looking it up in the help. Im trying to make it so the player's screen takes up all the room it can, and the command tabs are on the side.

Also does BYOND support any video formats? If not how would you go about making a opening sceen whith BYOND?
FriesOfDoom wrote:
How do you make it so when the player logs in the "icon type" is automaticly set to big. If you don't know what I mean, its under Layout on the Dream Seeker Hud. I tryed looking it up in the help.

You can't do that, since Dream Seeker will make the screen size small if it doesn't fit the screen in big-icon mode.

Also does BYOND support any video formats? If not how would you go about making a opening sceen whith BYOND?

No, you can't do that. However, if you want to do some fancy animation, you can take a look at DeathAwaitsU's Cinematics library (hub://DeathAwaitsU.Cinematics). Mind that displaying images frame-by-frame will cause lag, and large loading times.
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
FriesOfDoom wrote:
How do you make it so when the player logs in the "icon type" is automaticly set to big. If you don't know what I mean, its under Layout on the Dream Seeker Hud. I tryed looking it up in the help.

You can't do that, since Dream Seeker will make the screen size small if it doesn't fit the screen in big-icon mode.
well.....how do I make it so it looks like in the below picture? I can get it to work if I set the view to 10 and then in DS set the icon type to big. But I need it to be like the picture from log on to log off. Thanks for the cinematics help by the way :P
Byond Example Picture Link
Sorry for the crappy quality, but tis' gif format. Also I covered up the title screen to reveal to no one anything about the game.
In response to FriesOfDoom
bump
In response to FriesOfDoom
You can't. You'll need to set the view range to something which is acceptable for all, or you'll get players with "small icon" screens.
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
You can't. You'll need to set the view range to something which is acceptable for all, or you'll get players with "small icon" screens.

even having the default on causes it to be 2 small...
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
FriesOfDoom wrote:

No, you can't do that. However, if you want to do some fancy animation, you can take a look at DeathAwaitsU's Cinematics library (hub://DeathAwaitsU.Cinematics). Mind that displaying images frame-by-frame will cause lag, and large loading times.

Due to some bugs I found, I took down Cinematics.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
Unknown Person wrote:
FriesOfDoom wrote:

Due to some bugs I found, I took down Cinematics.

yeah I found that out a little bit ago :S