ID:1605056

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Problem description:

GetConfig() and IsBanned() cannot interact with all DreamDaemon based bans.

Need alternate solution to be able to check all Daemon bans, without Trusted Mode and shell().
Best response
If GetConfig() isn't picking it up then it's not a properly-created ban, outside of manually reading the file as you've suggested there's no other language access to the daemon ban files.
GetConfig("ban") will only return bans associated with the current world's hub entry, not the entire ban file. I'm going to assume that trusted is the only way to ensure access?
Perhaps you should read the reference entry on GetConfig()? You can use GetConfig() to get SYSTEM, USER, HOME, or APP bans. I'm also not seeing what you're talking about with it only being able to access bans from the same hub entry -- in my tests on both Windows and Linux I was able to access all bans within the given namespace without any issues.
"Ban files store information on a game-specific basis. You will only be able to read and write values that are set for the game you are running (defined by the value of world.hub). It is possible for a host to specify universal bans as well, but these will not be accessible via GetConfig or SetConfig. If you are using "ban" as the config_set, IP addresses are recognized automatically. (See the ban format info below.) "