ID:154030

I think that is possible if you set up your map and views in the right way even though you won't feel the full effect of 1st person view. What are your thoughts on that?

~Stimulus~
It's pretty easy to set up something along the lines of classic dungeon crawl RPGs--four-directional, rigid square space definition, etc.--especially if you're just drawing turfs. Any sort of on-screen item or mob representation is probably going to take a little more work and quite a bit more processor lag, though, unless you had a very small view area.
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
It's pretty easy to set up something along the lines of classic dungeon crawl RPGs--four-directional, rigid square space definition, etc.--especially if you're just drawing turfs. Any sort of on-screen item or mob representation is probably going to take a little more work and quite a bit more processor lag, though, unless you had a very small view area.

That would be so much easier if BYOND had support for icons biggers than 32x32. That advantage to using pngs in the bigger icons. However, you loose the ability to use icon states.
In response to Ebonshadow
All you have to do is make it so everytime you move it sets your icon to lets say legup.png(Could take a few extra lines of coding for different races) then back after a few seconds =/. The problem I am having is the view which makes the whole FPS and FPS. I can't seem to find any logical way to do it, although it has been done.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>