ID:137929

When a transparent or partially transparent turf is added in the mapper, the previous turf remains (I think it becomes an underlay when compiled into the .dmb). This is good for some situations (eg adding a tree that doesn't completely obscure the grass underneath), but it is not so good when you change your mind about which partially transparent turf you want to cover a region with. In this case, each instance of the previous turf must be deleted by hand (clumsy), or the new turf must be temporarily given an opaque icon (also clumsy). This feature of the mapper would be more useful if it were optional.
On 6/6/01 4:50 am Pmikell wrote:
When a transparent or partially transparent turf is added in the mapper, the previous turf remains (I think it becomes an underlay when compiled into the .dmb). This is good for some situations (eg adding a tree that doesn't completely obscure the grass underneath), but it is not so good when you change your mind about which partially transparent turf you want to cover a region with. In this case, each instance of the previous turf must be deleted by hand (clumsy), or the new turf must be temporarily given an opaque icon (also clumsy). This feature of the mapper would be more useful if it were optional.

Good suggestion. Spuzzum also suggested a while back of placing this restriction for the other types (objs & mobs), since it's easy to accidentally make duplicates. I'll get to these things one of these days!