ID:137908

When editing very large maps, it would be nice if you could set the icon size to small in order to see more of the map.
On 6/12/01 3:16 pm Pmikell wrote:
When editing very large maps, it would be nice if you could set the icon size to small in order to see more of the map.

Good call, and actually that's a pretty easy one to do. I also plan to implement text-mode maps in the future, since some people (Spuzzum) have requested that and I think they would help artistic idiots like myself make quick & dirty worlds.
In response to Tom
On 6/12/01 3:33 pm Tom wrote:
On 6/12/01 3:16 pm Pmikell wrote:

Good call, and actually that's a pretty easy one to do. I also plan to implement text-mode maps in the future, since some people (Spuzzum) have requested that and I think they would help artistic idiots like myself make quick & dirty worlds.

this would be good... but as your changeing map sizes in DM can you change tham in DS? i have this movie i am makeing and it would be cool if i could set the map size to wide screen liek a 1/2 ratio or something...
In response to jobe
On 6/12/01 5:44 pm jobe wrote:

this would be good... but as your changeing map sizes in DM can you change tham in DS? i have this movie i am makeing and it would be cool if i could set the map size to wide screen liek a 1/2 ratio or something...

You could optimize your view settings so that it takes nearly the full screen width in big icon mode for an 800x600 resolution, but use only the top portion of the view, blacking out the areas that would be offscreen so people don't feel they are missing anything. The problem then is... where do you put the text?
In response to Shadowdarke
On 6/13/01 5:06 am Shadowdarke wrote:
On 6/12/01 5:44 pm jobe wrote:

You could optimize your view settings so that it takes nearly the full screen width in big icon mode for an 800x600 resolution, but use only the top portion of the view, blacking out the areas that would be offscreen so people don't feel they are missing anything. The problem then is... where do you put the text?

this is why i wanted it to be Wide screen. so i can make it the top half of the screen and the text below.