In response to Deadron
Castle online should be big...
Once it gets made then I'll advertise it globally. If I'm proud of it :)
In response to Deadron
*Responds through a sad tone*
I never get mentioned... Heck I even come in and try to put together a site that can aid others in making their own games on top of working on Illusions of Genesis and my other priorities... Some people think that this is going to be a big project, but I guess nobody cares about lil' ol' Neo *sniff*

Oh well, I like the idea of this competition... It would bring some more life to byond.

~; ){en )3ishop ;~
In response to Zilal
How's Cerulea coming along Zilal?
^^ I'm up for this contest.. I'm working on a game I'm hoping will turn alot of eyes to BYOND.. and turn alot of eyes away from rips and fan games. ^^

The name of the game: The Great Wars: Senka-No-Howaido-Akuma.. Well lets just say its the first of The Great Wars.. If you want to see a display of hand crafted graphics all made by myself, try out the little show off demo I made of it. (By the way, in my opinion the version released gives no justice to what it is today and what I have planned in the next 6 months)

http://games.byond.com/hub/MaNiAcK/ TheGreatWarsSenaka-No-Howaido-Akuma

I created a 7 page background story to this game, which will be released with the game.

Also, let me ASSURE some skepticals that this game is 100 percent legit.. no chickens and buttered toast. I know I'm well known for idiocy but this game is completely serious.

I'm hoping for some great competition! ^^ See you in 6 months :D
In response to MaNiAcK
Awww great. :( I hope the store'll let me return this auto-chicken toast butterer that I just got.
In response to MaNiAcK
No no no! This isnt a real contest, its just a suggestion... Arrrghhh. Keep working on the game though.
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
Castle online should be big...
Once it gets made then I'll advertise it globally. If I'm proud of it :)

Well stop tampering with the old Kades source and get to work!
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
My biggest hope for the future of BYOND is people like Silk, Kunark, Crispy: people who come in with energy and just plain make games.

And neglect their school assignments in doing so (in my case anyway). =D

--Crispy, who is putting off a maths assignment, a computing assignment, and three English assignments (all due in the next week or two) while he works on Thieves. If my grades end up falling, I blame Dantom! ;-)
In response to Crispy
--Crispy, who is putting off a maths assignment, a computing assignment, and three English assignments (all due in the next week or two) while he works on Thieves. If my grades end up falling, I blame Dantom! ;-)

heh I also end up programming when I should be doing other things. I just feel less guilty when I'm procrastinating by doing something that feels constructive :).
In response to Foomer
Gah! Found out, I just want to let it be publicly hosted :)
I also need to talk to Ebonshadow but he is never around! Gah!
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Kunark wrote:
Well, I updated it again and made the fonts better looking, after looking at Arial and copying it... DMIFont's font is too small :P

The good news is that you can do any font and any font size you want with DmiFonts: There is a java app inside the directory you can run to output whatever fonts you have available on your machine. I typically do a bold 10 point Arial myself.

Actually that's C++. Getting Java to use TrueType fonts is like pulling teeth from a lurking grue.

Lummox really outdid himself on that one.

Thanks!

Lummox JR
In response to DarkView
No, it sounds more like a challenge to me ^^.. A challenge is a contest for me.. So I'm just trying to encourage more gamers to try and make the best game they can.. ^^
Go here for information on the contest that I have started!

http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=211537&forum=7&view=0

-- Tiko
In response to Crispy
Hehe... That is sort of what it is with me, though now I have to fit BYOND between the small amount of homework I get (It is alot compared to Jr. High though) and lazy-time now.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
How's Cerulea coming along Zilal?

Haha.

Well, I did some work on it a couple weeks ago, I put in one of the most important verbs and fitted all the systems that are affected by it. (There's something of an engagement system in Cerulea, which is a highly elaborate text MUD... and there's basically one setting now that encompasses how close you let people who aren't already in your group get to you. If you let people approach you to hug you or give you things, they can as easily stab you.)

I haven't touched it since then, but the ideas are always flowing.

Z
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Lord of Water wrote:
So, is this contest actually on?

Not unless Dantom (or someone with $200 to spare) takes it on.

To Theodis:
The smaller games get done, but they dont really improve the community much. Since they are small they tend to get some people in, but the people eventually forget them because they get repeditive.
I know there are lots of incomplete big projects, so maybe the oppertunity to get a big cash reward would push people through the stage they quit at.

I don't think anyone would do $200, but maybe $10 sounds more reasonable...
Page: 1 2 3 4