ID:135722

Ok, now we aren't wasting Dantom's bandwidth I'd like to suggest something I've been thinking about for a while, multiple downloads.
Where I type my URL there would be like five slots where I could put [x] differnt links. They would also have text boxes next to them for their suffix (Ie, "[Suffix]: *a>Download it!*/a>").

The main use for this would be mirrors, which isn't something I support (if you know a download may be down sometimes, then you shouldn't be linking too it), however it has plenty of other uses.

• Demo games.
  • Beta versions (This is why I want it).
  • Sequal games (One HUB entry/forum for an entire series of games).
  • Sequal previews.
  • It slices and dices!
DarkView wrote:
The main use for this would be mirrors, which isn't something I support (if you know a download may be down sometimes, then you shouldn't be linking too it)

If we didn't link to sites that might not be around 100% of the time, there would be no internet. :p Mirrors are not only for sites that are down. They allow people to select a site that they have the most reliable connection with and prevent overtaxing single download sites if you have a particularly popular download.

• Demo games.
  • Beta versions (This is why I want it).
  • Sequal games (One HUB entry/forum for an entire series of games).
  • Sequal previews.
  • It slices and dices!

• I do these things (except slicing and dicing ;) ) in the body text of a hub entry. My Tanks games cross link and many of my libraries have demo hub entries that cross link.

Since you may enter a specific forum URL, there is nothing preventing you from linking to a single forum provided by Dantom for another entry.

All that said, I do think it would be nice to be able to provide all those links in the box at the top of the hub entry. :)
This idea is sort of unrelated, but it would solve your problem. I'd like to see hub entries be linked directly to other webpages. You'd specify a URL to link to in your hub entry, then, when someone goes to view that hub entry they are sent to whatever webpage they linked to instead of the regular hub entry page.
At least you should allow one download for the game, and another one for the resources on the same page. And also, a way to check if they have the resources.

~Ken~