ID:135323

i just wanna know because i am in a coding team..and i wanted to have a forum for all of our games..
I created a single hub entry, hub://Crispy.Crispiness, just for the BYOND game forum that came with it, and pointed the forum links of all my other hub entries to that forum. So now I have one central forum, which is useful.

Of course, that's probably not quite what you're looking for. If you want to get a forum with separate subforums, like this one does, then I'm afraid you can't do that with a BYOND forum. Your only option would be to use phpbb or a similar free forum system, and for that you'd need a website host that supports it.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I created a single hub entry, hub://Crispy.Crispiness, just for the BYOND game forum that came with it, and pointed the forum links of all my other hub entries to that forum. So now I have one central forum, which is useful.

Of course, that's probably not quite what you're looking for. If you want to get a forum with separate subforums, like this one does, then I'm afraid you can't do that with a BYOND forum. Your only option would be to use phpbb or a similar free forum system, and for that you'd need a website host that supports it.

Which I can do for you. :D
In response to Kagayaku Kami
Kagayaku Kami wrote:
Crispy wrote:

Which I can do for you. :D

Which I can do for you aswell
In response to Govegtos
Guys, he asked for advice, not hosting offers. If he needs hosting I'm sure he'll ask for it.
In response to Crispy
thank you all....but ive seen a forum like this...and castone22 said that maybe he couls make one..but uhh im guessing sice you guys have been arounf longer..that you should know more about byond...heh...thanks again
DELLinspiron5100 wrote:
i just wanna know because i am in a coding team..and i wanted to have a forum for all of our games..

You could beg Tom. [link]

(Sorry Tom...) :P
In response to DELLinspiron5100
There was a demo released by Dan or Tom that had a forum ingame much like this one(probably a lesser version of this one). It could be easly put onto a DMCGI server if you felt like it. I don't remember what it was called, but it used the HTMLForm lib
In response to Scoobert
I have that one mirrored at http://shadowdarke.byond.com/library/msgBoardEx.zip

It's pretty old and requires some minor modification to bring it up to modern DM, but it it still functional and would provide a good base to work from.