ID:132384

I have some questions. Any answers are most appreciated :)

Will the Flash support planned allow BYOND games to be played on Facebook, as an application? Or will it require extra work from the BYOND developers before we can port our games as a Facebook application?

If yes, could it be possible to write a script that basically promotes the game, on Facebook, to the player's friend list? For instance, they could get a free batch of potions if they sent the link to at least 100 friends. Is there a way to accomplish this, or at least something similar?

Thank you!
Principally the client can be used anywhere that permits flash objects to run, such as facebook apps. What you decide to do with the facebook app is up to you, as it would be of your creation. I assume you wouldn't be able to interrogate the flash client for client game state for security reasons, but I have not seen the client so I couldn't say for sure.
I'm pretty sure Facebook should have an API for social networking stuff (like promotion via spamming players' friends) and it does have an API for authenticating users. So it would probably take some extra work on the developer's end to get it fully integrated with Facebook. As of right now, though, there's no use guessing. We'll just have to wait and see when the final client is released.