It says:

"The BYOND hub is currently unavailable. Some functionality will be unavailable."

I can't even play and games, and clicking on any of the options such as favorites and what not doesn't work at all. This update is quite horrible in some functions, but looks nice. And trying to play by website doesn't work either. I wish I could revert.
People hate change in general. Change is good and actually the only constant in the universe!

That said, new pager is new, and sweet.
I know what it's for, and I like it besides my issue, but I thought i'd post that, and do stop an argument, I won't be replying after this. Unless I feel the need to.
Pager looks great and it's really fresh, better late than never and i look forward to being harassed by Ad's to hopefully contribute towards Byonds revenue and such.

I wonder is there a button to reset pager back to default after you have messed about with all the colours?

Vgetacoku i admire you for not replying so that there's no further argument, but it looks like someone else is there to Bait you into keeping an argument going ~ please try not to be provoked by a magical cloud.
I won't, cause for one he's correct. I did misuse it, but the "negative and inappropriate" I beg to differ, but i'll leave it at that.
Pager still crashes if left on for more than a few hours.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:

My pager was definitely crashing a few days ago. I don't have much more info to contribute with this except for the fact that it definitely happens.

Normally, I just log into the pager so that my game recognizes who I am and won't display certain "newbie" information when I run tests.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:

Provide crash logs in Beta Bugs. I had issues with crashing before; but they appear to be fixed now.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:

Provide crash logs in Beta Bugs. I had issues with crashing before; but they appear to be fixed now.

For the sake of completeness, how would one access those logs, and submit them.
Woohoo. I may buy a membership in a few months, if you guys last that long, because you've finally reached that bar of approval so many of us were waiting for.

Great job on the newest update, it looks amazing, and I love the aesthetic appeal of the window. It reminds me somewhat of Steam, but with a BYOND-er's approach to it. That being said, I hope at least a few people buy a membership now.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:

For the sake of completeness, how would one access those logs, and submit them.

There's an explanation here, and the following posts.
Congratulations gentlemen! I'm currently unemployed, but if any of my projects pan out and I start to get some decent dough coming in, you'll have my support. BYOND taught me more about proper object-oriented programming than any book on the subject ever did. I do acknowledge BYOND in the About page of my apps, but for the moment that's not reaching a lot of people... I'm apparently a better programmer than a marketer.
I find this update to be a great step forward. The changes in the past years haven't been to noticeable in my opinion, but I do hope the updates and improvements keep on coming! I am extremely financially unstable at the moment, but when I do get a job (hopefully in the fall) I will make sure to make some kind of donation.

Keep up the great work!
I'd never mind drawing up some design ideas for BYOND, but I'm only an entry level designer. That a side, I really do love how only now people are bringing up their dissatisfaction with the new pager, and not when it was in beta.

Personally I enjoy this new pager because I can customize it a lot more, if not by the little customization panel, than by being able to open up the "display files" in notepad++ and fiddle with them that way.
Love this new pager.
Couldn't have said it better myself. haha
DistantWorld101 wrote:
reasons to be told i do not like the advertisements for one.
Exactly. Nagware. Buy a membership and they'll go away. Otherwise; DEAL WITH IT.

i don't like the new color and bulky ness.
You can change the colors, and make the pager smaller.

i don't like the feeling of basically the whole BYOND's website on my pager.
It's always been this way. The only added stuff was: you can see more hub info without opening the browser. Why is this a bad thing? Everything is more organized for you, and in one spot.

and now your basically forcing me to update to the new version by taking away the paging and i'm not saying you will but you might as well take the connection ability away from old clients also.
Paging is the same and hasn't changed at all for non-members.

He meant on older clients... Any why should we "have" to manually change our pagers just for one dumb update?
In response to Genesismagician
Genesismagician wrote:
He meant on older clients... Any why should we "have" to manually change our pagers just for one dumb update?

I can't tell if you just hate change, or if you're just ignorant to the potential good the new pager will do. You spend more time complaining about this fabulous new version, rather than just getting used to the future.
Screw the new changes, you thinking it's the greatest damn thing in the world is your opinion... Just like me saying it's a pile of crap is my opinion.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10