ID:11610

The Iccusion BYOND Games Contest 2006 judging will be based off of the following:

- Gameplay: How fun the entry is, how smooth it plays out, and how feature rich the entry is.
- Graphics: How well the graphics go with the entry and with eachother.
- User-friendliness: How good the help system is, how easy it is for new users to pick up right away, and how well commands are accessible.
- Professionalism: How well grammar is used and whether or not the entry looks professional.
- Performance: How well the game performs, how much lag is caused, how much CPU is used, and overall performance.
- Overall: How good the entry is overall.

Each category will be rated with a 1.0 to 10.0 scale system. Each category and each judges' ratings will be averaged together to find the winners.

Once again, the prizes are:

- First place: $50, BYOND Membership
- Second place: $25, BYOND Membership
- Third place: $10, BYOND Membership
- Honorable Mentions: BYOND Membership

The more final participants, the higher the prize payments, with a max of $75 for first place.

Entries may be submitted to [email protected] before May 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM Central Time!

We are still looking for more third party sponsors to donate prizes for the contest. This could be a great opportunity for small organizations to get known. You or your organization will be given full credit for your donation as well as an advertising banner on the final results page and on our contest related posts.

- Aaiko, Owner of Iccusion Entertainment
Might aswell give me the $50 now ;o
Question about Performance: Do you want it to be CPU intensive meaning we're doing a lot and supposedly making some action packed full fledged game? Or is it supposed to be not CPU intensive meaning 'programmed efficiently'? I don't think basing on Performance is a particularly great idea. I mean, sure, if the game lags so bad you can't play it, knock a couple points off the final score, but having its own category is a bit too far in my opinion.
"Question about Performance: Do you want it to be CPU intensive meaning we're doing a lot and supposedly making some action packed full fledged game? Or is it supposed to be not CPU intensive meaning 'programmed efficiently'? I don't think basing on Performance is a particularly great idea. I mean, sure, if the game lags so bad you can't play it, knock a couple points off the final score, but having its own category is a bit too far in my opinion."

It will sort of be our way of determining how well the entry is programmed. You can make almost anything lag and take up CPU, but if you do it the right way, it wont. The less lag and CPU usage, the better.
If my computer can run it, it's good.
Aaiko you should throw in a byond membership for sexiest hub artwork ;) too
how come i cant get in seika 2 and says URL
TwoTon, this isn't a discussion about Seika 2.