ID:114092

Not Feasible
Applies to:byond

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
okay so how about theres items that are stored in chests that randomly spawn on severs that allow the boxs to appear and can be used on certian severs. this is my suggestion.

so byond crates would randomly appear on a sever about every 24 hours for each player on the sever. the appear rate would higher based on players in sever.

okay so the crates would contain items that can be used on certian severs, there would be diffrent catgories of items that can be turned off or on based on the game/sever.

for example you can have paint brushes which only have a limted use per 24 hours but can be upgraded with other paint brushes to incrase uses. The paint brush would be able to repaint an item.

a sign would be one use until the sever shuts down or reboots or someone destroys the sign. this is another item that could be found in byond chests.
No. This would have to be implemented per game, and should by no means be a BYOND feature. At all.
Agreed. This is a horrible suggestion.
This feature suggestion is almost as bad as your comic.
No. His comics are much, much worse.
so what i was thinking is there could be a offical game for these items and items that were in the crates could also be equiped to your charater.
Laserdog wrote:
so what i was thinking is there could be a offical game for these items and items that were in the crates could also be equiped to your charater.

Once again it is not up to BYOND to make this but the game creators themselves.
You could potentially create a library people can include in their games to give out random items such as this, but good luck getting anyone to include it in their games.
Definately don't want this feature. Would certainly opt out of using this feature on all my games.
Obvious troll suggestion is obvious.
I think BYOND should add it so that whenever people using the same port sell enough Stone of Jordans, Über Diablo spawns at the closest boss.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Obvious troll suggestion is obvious.

I actually don't think he's a troll, I actually remember talking to this guy on the MSPA forums when he wanted to do a full on Homestuck Byond game. He's probably just 10 or something.
This is a suggestion for a game feature, not for the BYOND software. The concept of usable "items" to be found in a world is really one that only applies to certain kinds of games anyway. It's a very good idea for throwing into a game that would support it, but it isn't the kind of thing we deal with on this tracker. This suggestion would really be better suited for a forum where people throw game ideas around.