Seika is now Teridal, MJ has been MIA for years, and Dan moved on long ago.
F0lak wrote:
Seika is now Teridal, MJ has been MIA for years, and Dan moved on long ago.

I know about Seika and MJ again use some brain power it's called an example =/ jebus well I'm tired off this goodluck to tom with the FUNimation thing
this sounds a bit weird, it sounds like funimation owns all those shows, which they don't, shonenjump does. For dragonball owners can claim they base their game on dragonball kai nowadays, as far i know not on funimation. Relocating the server outside the US could solve things as well. Not only are there 1000's of unhappy players who lost their favourite game, but byond will lose alot of members if this will stick.

Like i said on my game from the start, it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay, they make games that might look kinda good, but you're bored after a few hours. They buy shows, claim them their own, and then try to destroy all competition to be sure they survive.
Oh fuck. Even Dragon Ball Online 2? *Rage quit.*
Pylar wrote:
this sounds a bit weird, it sounds like funimation owns all those shows, which they don't, shonenjump does.

FUNimation owns distribution rights in the United States, and I also believe a few other countries in the Americas (including Canada and Mexico).

Relocating the server outside the US could solve things as well.

BYOND's servers, and therefore the hub, are still hosted in the US. Thus, they're under US jurisdiction and BYOND has to adhere to the DMCA takedown notice.
The only problem I see with BYOND having no anime games at all, and no people who play these is this...

The people who play all these anime games have low standards. They will play and enjoy bad games. Your average person wont. (You can't even argue with this)
The problem? BYOND has no good games. So, what does BYOND have to offer to people now? One below average MMO? And... Nothing I can think of that is worth mentioning.

I know there isn't anything anyone can do about this, since the law is the law, nor can anyone be forced to make good games. But it kind of seems like... BYOND is going to be in a pretty bad spot.
BYOND only had people who played and enjoyed bad games, they're all be pushed away, and now there is bad games (and not many either, there is currently 31 games with people playing them, though several have 1 player who I suspect is the host), and no one who wants to play bad games... So I ask you...

WHO WAS PLAY GAMES?
I say half of byonds population is quitting but there are other good games to play besides DBZ. It just so happens that DBZ game developers also took over most of the games that byond has. But there's still naruto and a lot people play DMG so there are still good games beside DBZ on here. So just explore and don't quit because you might find some interesting games that people spend hours upon hours working on. (Just food for thought.)
This sucks now i cant play my fav. byond games. FUNimation you SUCK!!!
Was searching information up dealing with this situation and found this interesting post
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=99472
Of course this was years back but I would wonder why the change in stance? Do they no longer abide by this? Are they viewing the games from BYOND as profiting?
Charlesg154 wrote:
Was searching information up dealing with this situation and found this interesting post
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=99472
Of course this was years back but I would wonder why the change in stance? Do they no longer abide by this? Are the viewing the games from BYOND as profiting?

If thats the case what happens if your already lifetime sub?
You would think that these games are benefiting the company more then hurting it. But personally English dub is shit so go to hell.
I don't quite understand what you mean, sorry. A lifetime sub to what, exactly?
Charlesg154 wrote:
I don't quite understand what you mean, sorry. A lifetime sub to what, exactly?

A game that would have to get rid of the sub option
That's something that has to be taken up with the owners of those particular games I imagine.
This just gives DBOII a reason not to release. Which they will milk dry. :)
With BYOND having a membership option, it indirectly (whether it is intended or not) makes money off of every game put on here. Thus FUNimation wanting them taken down, because someone else is profiting from their intellectual property. The only way for ANY of those game to come back would be for BYOND itself to remove their membership option.
Yash 69 wrote:
This just gives DBOII a reason not to release. Which they will milk dry. :)

I think DBOII was a myth all along.
Dragon Ball Z wasn't all that original itself anyways, most of the stuff are from asian lote. Plus, i'm pretty sure funimation was always aware of byond, only because a certain game has been getting a lot of attention they decided to do something.
Funi is responsible for protecting and enforcing the copyright over here in the States.
The corporation owning the rights to said titles demanding them to be removed. Gotta say, can't really be mad at BYOND for obeying the law. However, I think it's against the law to claim a corporation demanded something be done in order to clean up your site.. Still makes ya wonder though..
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16