ID:193675

Hey-o. I just got back from my trip to Edmonton. Severe lack of sleep is really bad ;). I was sick all Sunday. Oh well - my cousins came and cheered me right up. I haven't seen my three cousins for, what, six years? I rather enjoyed that.

At West Edmonton Mall, I picked up a copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: SoL for the PS2 which had just came out! It cost $80 with a $10 store rebate. Score! I've been playing that ever since I got home, now.

So, anyone play the GameCube or X-Box yet? I played the X-Box in West Edmonton Mall and the GameCube at Toys-R-Us. Hurray for Toys-R-Us :p. I'd have to say the X-Box has nicer graphics, of course, but the GameCube's launch games were a tad funner. Rogue Leader is hellishly fun =) I look forward to Smash Bros Melee as well. cue Theodis

Anyhow, I'm back, but I might not be around as much. :p
Got myself a GC on launch day... Along with Rogue Leader...

I agree... RL is a VERY fun game... Worthy of all of the praise that IGN has been giving it all along...and then some...

And I too am looking foward anxiously to SSBM... In fact...that game alone is what I wanted the GC for... The original is one of the best games I've EVER played... It is extremely entertaining when you've got 3 of your frineds sitting around playing it...

Can't wait to experience it in its next gen. incarnation...
So, anyone play the GameCube or X-Box yet? I played the X-Box in West Edmonton Mall and the GameCube at Toys-R-Us. Hurray for Toys-R-Us :p. I'd have to say the X-Box has nicer graphics, of course, but the GameCube's launch games were a tad funner. Rogue Leader is hellishly fun =) I look forward to Smash Bros Melee as well. cue Theodis

Eep I'm being cued? Was there something I forgot to practice? Anywho Ness rules!
I played NFL Fever for Xbox at best buy, and i played a demo of Fuzion Frenzy(Xbox). I have to say the load times are, well, there really is no load time, its just that fast. Graphics are better than ps2, not so grainy and the pixels dont move around. And best of all, the controllers, they are awsome, acryllic bottons, perfectly shaped, if i can im getting an xbox this winter.
In response to Jotdaniel
Jotdaniel wrote:
the pixels dont move around.

Really? The game consists of non-moving pixels?

,--         __
                /\  /\      |           /
               /  \/  \ ETAL| --| EAR  /__ OLID
              /        \    |__/       __/

_____
                             \
                              \
                              |
                             /
                            /
                           /
                          /
                         /_____

Your game would consist of this, buddy!
In response to Vortezz
Erm, maybe that wasnt exactly what i meant. On the ps2 theres like an outline thats multy colored to the characters, it really annoys me becuase it moves around. Whatever graphics system they use, it could have a few tweaks added.
In response to Jotdaniel
And best of all, the controllers, they are awsome

If by "awesome" you mean "bulky and ugly", then I agree. :)
In response to Gughunter
If by "awesome" you mean "bulky and ugly", then I agree. :)

Well, "awesome" by definition does mean "awe inspiring". =)

Man, those things are huge.
In response to Spuzzum
Yep... Quite the contrast to the GameCube's perfectly sized and shaped controllers... This machine is an all around work of art... I love mine...
In response to Theodis
Sweeeet...

I definitely agree with you...

NESS RULES!!!
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
hey i just wanna say, on this fast growing post, that i think console games suck, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 included! except squaresoft/rpg's, those dont, and will never suck.

FIREking
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
hey i just wanna say, on this fast growing post, that i think console games suck, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 included!

Ahh. I finally understand where it comes from.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
hey i just wanna say, on this fast growing post, that i think console games suck, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 included! except squaresoft/rpg's, those dont, and will never suck.

FIREking

Well I used to like Squaresoft games too but as soon as they went to PSX I stopped likeing them for multipul reasons. First of all you spend a lot more time watching pointlessly long summons and annoying cutscenes. Then you have to go through pages and pages of dialog. A game is meant to be played! You shouldn't have to spend most of your time watching the game. If you wanna watch something rent a movie, or if you prefer reading good plots get a book, but a game is meant ot be played! Also Sony is pure evil. I thought they were bad before, but now they have stooped even lower than Microsoft! They could never win a legal case against Bleem! but they kept sueing and eventually Bleem! couldn't afford the lawsuits and went bankrupt. Bleem never did anything wrong and Sony used 10 million dollars to sue them to bankrupcy!
<font size=1>

Rumors say that Xboxs come at $299
without a controller

which costs another $50

then you got to buy those $50 games...

$299
$50
+ $50(* # of games)
~500+

ouch.

</font>

In response to Theodis
im sorry, but those hours of dialog, movies, cut scenes are there for a reason.

rpg's involve stories, and in order for you to know that story, you must read, watch, and listen.

if you do not like this, then do not play or complain about them, because thats how rpg's are.

FIREking
In response to Vortezz
what does that mean....
In response to SSJ4_Sanatic Bardock
computers cost 3 times that amount

why are you complaining?

xbox is basically a computer.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
computers cost 3 times that amount

why are you complaining?

xbox is basically a computer.

ok, fair enough, it plays dvds and games and connects to the internet. It's a small computer. But that's all it does. You can't have Byond on it, you can't do your homework on it, and it has a lot less features. That's what your paying for in a computer.

Also, the GCN can play dvds and connect to the internet, plus has better games, and isn't made by vampires! Plus, it comes with a controller, and cost about $100 less than xbox and ps2. So i say, the Xbox, is an ouch considering what consoles are usaully are conserned.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
im sorry, but those hours of dialog, movies, cut scenes are there for a reason.

rpg's involve stories, and in order for you to know that story, you must read, watch, and listen.

if you do not like this, then do not play or complain about them, because thats how rpg's are.

FIREking

RPG's aren't about stories they are about playing a role. Although story helps it isn't the key to role playing. You don't role play by watching your characters do stuff or by having them say things that wouldn't be part of the role you play. Arcanum is a good example of a role playing game. It has a pretty good story line but it doesn't shove words in your mouth. You can also be as good or as evil as you want and still finish the game. Also when you recieve a quest there are many ways of solving it. If you got the quest so you could get a quest item from the person, you could be good and just do the quest to get it. You could be evil and just kill the person and take the item. You could be a thief and pick pocket it from him. You could wait till he goes to sleep and find out where he hides the item at night and rob him. You can use magic to charm the person and take it. If you're good with persuasion you could convince him that you already finished the quest when you haven't and get the item. This is role playing because you can play the role of your character as you see fit. For example I'm playing my evil mage. I stopped a robbery in a town to give myself a good reputation, then I later robbed it without anyone seeing me. So the townspeople think I'm a good guy but I'm just damn evil :).
In response to Nebathemonk
Nebathemonk wrote:
Also, the GCN can play dvds and connect to the internet, plus has better games, and isn't made by vampires! Plus, it comes with a controller, and cost about $100 less than xbox and ps2. So i say, the Xbox, is an ouch considering what consoles are usaully are conserned.

I don't think the GCN plays DVDs. The disc slot is too small, if you've seen one of them. :) I think the GCN and the X-Box each have their own redeeming qualites. For one, GameCube has Smash Brothers Melee. X-Box has Halo.

drool
Page: 1 2