In response to Vortezz
And GCN can't connect to the internet it has no ports for it.
In response to Vortezz

I don't think the GCN plays DVDs. The disc slot is too small, if you've seen one of them. :) I think the GCN and the X-Box each have their own redeeming qualites. For one, GameCube has Smash Brothers Melee. X-Box has Halo.

drool

Yes and the XBox can connect to the Internet and has a hard drive! So you can spend all your time downloading patches and fixes to incomplete and buggy Microsoft games!
In response to Nadrew
Oh yes it can (or it will be able to with the proper perihperal)...

There are three panels on the bottom of the machine that can be opened to reveal two serial ports and a place for a modem/broadband adapter...

Incidentally...since DVD capability was brought up... The machine won't play them as is... But again...there is already an adapter in the works from a third party that will take care of that...
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
I don't think the GCN plays DVDs. The disc slot is too small, if you've seen one of them. :) I think the GCN and the X-Box each have their own redeeming qualites. For one, GameCube has Smash Brothers Melee. X-Box has Halo.

drool

Yes and the XBox can connect to the Internet and has a hard drive! So you can spend all your time downloading patches and fixes to incomplete and buggy Microsoft games!

Hehe. Microsoft said that they were going to be very strict on completeness of games. They don't want it to be like the PC is, now :p
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Every Nintendo has some sort of port on it, in the case of the Nintendo 64 it was for the DD(disk drive) which was never released in North America, Nintendo just likes to keep there options open.
In response to SSJ4_Sanatic Bardock
While supposedly the games for X-box could be great since it's easier to port them from PC, I heard the only good game they had lined up for like a year was Halo. I can't imagine the X-box will be anywhere near the success Microsoft is hoping. Especially since they lose money on every console sold...

Z
In response to Nebathemonk
BUT THE CONTROLLER IS SOOO FREAKING <font size=8>BIG!</font>
In response to Nadrew
I think Microsoft got in over their head this time.... SONY!
In response to SSJ4_Sanatic Bardock
In response to Cinnom
I heard about that in one of my IRC chat rooms... yes it was sad, very very sad.... Wish I thought of it!

~X
Page: 1 2