In response to Spuzzum
(POSTED)
> > Without some of them, some of our most devoted and some well known programmers and icon artists probably wouldnt have surfaced.

(THEN REPLIED)
> All of the most well-known programmers in my point-of-view neither like DBZ nor have liked DBZ. No offense intended -- I'm just stating fact. =P

Here friend, I have reason to argue. There is one clear example of my above statement that i dont think you can argue with. I know for a fact that you know my friend Lee *Mellifluous* well enough to see how far he has come along with his skill and devotion on this system we call BYOND. This same lee who was once known as the enfamous Evil_SSJ4Vegeta, DBZer extrodinare. But now in my eyes he has become respected among most of the community, referring to those that know him well enough to pass judgement.

So just remember friend, everytime you see a frog, kiss it, it may just be a prince.
*I know this metaphor seems pretty corny, but it does its job*

<small>Dedicated to our friend Lee Whittaker, of England
05-11-2002</small>

-Neo
In response to NeoHaxor
Thanks Neo ^_^

Its also Brittain not Brittian ^_~

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Not here in the good ol' United States of America. Here we're proud to have our second rate schools compared to those of other countries.
In response to NeoHaxor
NeoHaxor wrote:
Not here in the good ol' United States of America. Here we're proud to have our second rate schools compared to those of other countries.

:P
In response to NeoHaxor
Here friend, I have reason to argue. There is one clear example of my above statement that i dont think you can argue with. I know for a fact that you know my friend Lee *Mellifluous* well enough to see how far he has come along with his skill and devotion on this system we call BYOND. This same lee who was once known as the enfamous Evil_SSJ4Vegeta, DBZer extrodinare. But now in my eyes he has become respected among most of the community, referring to those that know him well enough to pass judgement.

I can and do argue with it... I've seen numerous occasions upon which people have quite liberally cast Lee aside. To be perfectly and completely honest (and fully aware than Mellifluous has every right and ability to read this), even I am still not sure what to make of him.

Again being honest, I still feel the same way about Ebonshadow, who also was, as you put it, DBZer extraordinaire at one point. Oddly enough, I've also worked on both Lee's and Ebon's teams at one time or another (and am still on Lee's... well, supposedly. ;-)).

I'm not sure if I can call it a grudge or paranoia. I like both of their personalities a great deal, so a grudge doesn't really fit, but paranoia doesn't either, since I'm well-aware that neither will work on anything DBZ-related any more.

Mellifluous I know a little better than Ebon, and I like him a lot -- so don't think I'm being rude or anything. =)
In response to Mellifluous
I will confess, when i came to byond, i played like 5 dbz games, but by the 6th i was bored because there all the same. And i use to like DBZ but no longer. I am well known, maybie not know for being good, but well know none the less. And anyone who has read my post knows i dont like DBZ games and could care less about them, or anyone who makes them. But i under stand if you once made them but now make other games, and i have played a few of dracons non DBZ games and liked them so he is ok, and a shame to lose because of true DBZers.
In response to Spuzzum
Some people that came to BYOND becuase of DBZ:

Sariat
Nadrew
uhhh...I think thats it of the popular crowd that I know of
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Some people that came to BYOND becuase of DBZ:

Sariat
Nadrew
uhhh...I think thats it of the popular crowd that I know of

Well, you have me at Nadrew, granted, but I really don't know you well. (As I qualified in my post, "well-known programmers from my point-of-view".)
You'll be back.. ;)
But yeah man.. I know the feeling.. I've been tempted to leave this place cause of the immature or snobbish attitudes. Too many uptight people here, but thats common among coder communities. So I've just learned how to deal with it. See ya when ya get back. Also never did hear how they got your game in the 1st place, unless
1) you uploaded by mistake so others could have the code.
2) you were working with some other people, gave out the code, and they misused it.

LJR
In response to LordJR
Story of how the code got out
Once upon a time, there was a dude named Dracon, he coded Dragonball Zeta, he gave a copy of the source to K'ros Trikare, inwhich one day was sitting happily infront of his computer, looking around aimlessly, when he got a paige from a mysterious person.. Inwhich claimed to be one of Dracons freinds, he made a hotmail to what his freinds key was, he was part of the zeta staff, anyways the Mysterious man *cough* Migzor *cough* went on about how he lost the source, and needed a new version, So, K'ros not knowing it was Migzor, sent him the source, not to long after, Migzor is hosting away, saying he made it, charging people to play, and handing source out to all.
Then, when games such as
Kill K'ros came out.
and games such as
Dracon sucks
and
RaeKwons gay
Lots of these games started to come out, because everyone was mad that i told them "people that had the rips" to Get out of my face when they messaged me, it was a very harsh month, but i got tired of it, and as people see in games live, i recoded Zeta.. only reason? was to put the rips out of commision! nothing more, nothing less.
Now, was you know Dracon "Before he was leaving" was working on Warriors of Ruzzya, i talked him into finishing it before he leaves BYOND, knowing him.. he won't anyways! :P But, if he does.. ill just yell at him in Yahoo chat! ;)
Well, i better be off, almost 4am and very tired, hope you enjoyed the whole thing on what happened!
- RaeKwon
This is why you code games yourself, or not with people you are not 110% sure you can trust.
In response to WizDragon
WizDragon wrote:
This is why you code games yourself, or not with people you are not 110% sure you can trust.

Yep, exactly. I'm certain I could trust Guy T., or Dantom, or Deadron, or any of the other people I know well around here not to steal my games -- mainly because they're wise and honest enough to know better than that -- but that doesn't mean I'm in any hurry to get a coding team. Trust is only a small factor -- the key factor is that this code is my baby, and if I let other people work on it, it'll be like... gasp... joint custody.

(Of course, that doesn't mean I don't accept code donations, and that also doesn't mean I wouldn't buy icons, music, and sound effects if I needed them. But before you comment, LordJR... no, I don't want any right now. ;-) )
In response to Sariat
I did, but my views quickly changed :)
I actually enjoyed DBZ before I came to BYOND and met all the little bastards who believe DBZ and HTML are God.
In response to Spuzzum
I think BYOND would be better off if dantom would appoint some smart person who is honest (Lexy, Deadron, Spuzzum, Skysaw, etc etc) to play each of the DBZ games on the hub- and determine if they are code-copies (My new, more appropriate phrase for rip), then find the original author. The next phase is to delete all of the other code copies, no if's, and's, or butt's (as many "Pbagger"'s are known to be). This way, there would be less clutter and people would enjoy the original DBZ games more.

Well, just a suggestion. It would be nice if it actually happened.
In response to Airson
some smart person who is honest (Lexy, Deadron, Spuzzum, Skysaw, etc etc)

I may be honest, but I'd be an inappropriate choice, because I'm heavily biased against DBZ.

I like being called smart, though! It inflates my already massive ego. =)
In response to Spuzzum
I came to BYOND mostly because of DBZ. It was a while ago on my old key...well anyway, I have to thank the BYOND community and all the DBZers for completely destroying my interest in DBZ.

Thanks Everyone,
-Joe

P.S. Oh wait..I'm not very well known.
In response to Airson
I'm not honest. Although, strangely enough, I freely admit to it.
In response to Spuzzum
Eh.. I wasn't gonna even say anything!? :P

I think the fact that LBDT sells game content for games is well known by now. But it still pisses me off when people enter LBDT Online Mall and think its a game. :(

LJR
In response to LordJR
i actually havent seen any of your work in games? or your games being popular at that
In response to VyseDyne
VyseDyne wrote:
i actually havent seen any of your work in games? or your games being popular at that

Who was this to?

--Lee
Page: 1 2 3