ID:192062

Mine was Dragon Warrior Nova/Terra Reborn.

My second, and the one I actually went "public" with, was The Trinity Star
Polatrite wrote:

Dragon Ball Z. Then Dragon Ball GT: Majour, Then realm of Mordor, Then Temple of Time, then hmm i los track thats when i went bazerk and made hundreds...

RaeKwon
Polatrite wrote:

Super-Death-Ninja-Ultra-Killer-Gun-and-Sword-Gorefest-War! was pretty fun while it lasted... not many games feature nonstop killing of each other as elite ninja's who have full access to guns, swords, grenade, ect. and stuff like that. Including a car to run over each other and a tank that fires and runsover people and cars. What's fun it to ram your car into someone else's which causes a good sized explosion and firey death.
Sadly......DBZ: Elite

Was a good learning experience, though!

My first was an untitled text-based game made with DUNG.
Gang Wars!!
It was a good game untill i looked at my graphics.....

-FireGuy
Some cheap little DBZ game.

After i learned Entered.,scary.

Like.in my dbz game i had a goku icon.and when he entered turf/bed his icon changed to sleep icon_state,And omg,dracon joined it..And i braged about how i knew entered.

Would be like,

Dracon Enters
ShadowSiientx: Look! when you enter the bed it makes you sleep
*enters*
*sleep state*
ShadowSiientx: hehe
ShadowSiientx has been booted by shadowsiientx(wrong button..err?

<font color = red>connection died
Polatrite wrote:

Mine was the early version of SR. It was the start of a very cool RPG that I, unfortunately, never finished. I found it is not good to start off with big projects at first if you expect to finish them. Your coding does a lot of maturing, and eventually, the things you programmed before seem so ineffecient. That has happened to me a lot in the games I make, that is the #1 reason why I drop them.
Myne was Sukajin, The FF Game That Started The Little FF Craze Cuz Evryone Made One After Myne, You Can Still Buy It FOr The Low, Low, Price Of 2 Dimes. LoL.
nothing beats mine, a submarine game from klik and play. you had to avoid the mines to get to the other side.... that was it :D, i love klik and play
Mine was the original Sheep.

It is really crappy and can still be found, I think, at dantom.space.zilal/sheep.

Z
Cool question. I can't wait to see some of the other answers on this one.

My first game programming project (that went anywhere) was a solitaire game, written for a bygone display mode in old DOS. It wasn't too bad as they go.

The first good game programming project that ever got seriously off the ground, though, was PlunderMine. I've long considered redoing it in BYOND (since it's tile-based, BYOND would suit it), but so many other, better mining games have been made that it seems... well, mined out.

My second was an Asteroids semi-clone called The Belts. The main feature of this game was a ship computer voice that could speak some basic phrases from a limited vocabulary of words. BYOND has full functionality to support that, so I've put some tentative steps into remaking the game. However I have other projects that interest me a lot more.

Next was a small Java game I wrote up for my now-dormant Creatures site, called Wak-a-Grendel. It's a fun little time-waster.

Since most of my projects aren't game projects or don't reach fruition, my next real game project would be Incursion. I had another game in mind when I started with BYOND, but because it was more of a proof-of-concept than a game, it didn't go anywhere; it needed some game elements, and I think I made it overcomplicated by trying to emulate a kind of biochemistry.

The next project I have planned is somewhat secret; game-like elements won't be a problem, though, as the concept is readily adaptable to many kinds of games. I'm going to develop it in 2D for BYOND, until such time as the engine--eventually, I hope--has some kind of native support for action isometric games. I'll reveal now that the main bottleneck to getting started is figuring out and implementing the collision physics involved.

Lummox JR
MY frist was Morte, even thought i remade the game a few times.
I wrote a lot of games in Basic on my brothers Apple II back in the early 80s. My first good game was probably Mancala for the Macintosh. It ended up on a number of different "Best of Mac Shareware" CD ROMS, and I actually made a few hundred dollars off of the $5 shareware fee.

It was the first polished Mancala playing game for any home computer that I am aware of. It featured some nifty graphics, and a bean placing animation and sound that was pretty realistic, and varied with each bean.

I published it as a part of "Wayfun Software." :-)
I'm still working on my first BYOND project.. :)
In response to Skysaw
That's really cool, Skysaw.

Well if we're talking non-BYOND games, my first was probably Paper/Rock/Scissors in BASIC on the Apple IIe!

Z
My first project was a text based game called
Dragon Ball Epic. Me , Ronn, Kazell, and quite a few others worked on it, actually. we were all partners.

Back then Ronn was into Byond so we transfered.

Since then I've been writing scripts, comics, and even designing sculptures. I cant code worth a dime, and I sincerely doubt I'll ever be able to. its just not my thing, but i can lead coders.

Endless Ideas come out of me like a fountain. unfortunately you need money to make money. Oh well, i'll manage
In response to Zilal
The most fun thing about it was that after teaching the game to play by the rules, it taught me some cool strategies! It would do something I thought was a mistake, and I would think "oh no... I must have done something wrong in my AI." But then I would discover it was setting itself up for a big win a few moves later. I became quite a good player just by beta testing my own creation.
Ummm..final Breath ...its an RPG.Not finished and doubt it will be for a while
2nd.My best game built:Paintball MMII =P
(Gonna test the new firing system today at around 3 bst)
See [link].

One correction: I was mistaken about one of the game names. It wasn't "Little China Cups", but rather, "Lil' China Cups". The premise was that lil' china cups were falling from the sky and bouncing around on platforms, and you had to rescue them before they finally made it to the ground. I spent a lot of time getting the breaking-cup sound just right.
Page: 1 2 3