ID:191914

Well, I was wondering if anyone has ever been enroled in a regiment in the Army. Note, not the cadets or anything similar to the cadets, I am going on about the Army. The Royal Army.

As I have a test called "B.A.R.B" this upcoming monday because I enroled in the Army and I am going into Infantry.

I just want to know if anyone has ever been in the Army and if they have any useful tips I could pick up on. I was told I would need to do alot of running which I will or should be able to do.

Not to mention, I will be pretty well away from my computer and the internet and that means I will be away from BYOND...I will, when I am back home on the weekends catch up on things then. But, I need to do work and at least get my own pay, and seing as I would like to do infantry I thought I would join the Army. I know I wont have much time for alot of things I do now but at least I will be paid for something I like to do.

So, I told my piece now :-D -- Anyone have any tips or been in the Army then?

--Lee
I myself have never been in the army, but most of my family has been through it. The only thing I have to offer is a simple good luck, and hope you never EVER have to go into combat.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
I myself have never been in the army, but most of my family has been through it. The only thing I have to offer is a simple good luck, and hope you never EVER have to go into combat.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

Thanks for the comforting reply ^_^

I will try to keep your "good luck" offer and hope to god (No...I am not religious in any way, shape or form :P) that I have the physical aquirements to get in after the test on Monday.

--Lee
Always listen to your superiors. do 50 pushups daily to get used to the vigorous training, and jog your block a few times every morning.

This may seem harsh or even pointless, but trust me, the training pays off when you dont brown-nose, listen to orders, and are physically fit. you would fly up in rank.

There is alot of responsibility in the army, I have no passion for it, but if i were to ever go into that, I would definately excell at sharpshooting. Im not one for the blunt of the action, stealth and intelligence are my main traits. my attitude is a very large fall-back which is why i have no passion for the army.. I would never show respect to my superiors, surely i would follow orders but id make a few snide comments on the side
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
Always listen to your superiors. do 50 pushups daily to get used to the vigorous training, and jog your block a few times every morning.

This may seem harsh or even pointless, but trust me, the training pays off when you dont brown-nose, listen to orders, and are physically fit. you would fly up in rank.

There is alot of responsibility in the army, I have no passion for it, but if i were to ever go into that, I would definately excell at sharpshooting. Im not one for the blunt of the action, stealth and intelligence are my main traits. my attitude is a very large fall-back which is why i have no passion for the army.. I would never show respect to my superiors, surely i would follow orders but id make a few snide comments on the side

Very good advice :)

I will take up on the physical training part and I know that I will have to take orders and show respect to my Superior officers in rank.

Anyway, thanks for the tips too ^_^

--Lee
Why are you going to Army for? Just get a job at Mickey D's.
This has gained even more of my respect for you, if that means anything. Its great when someone decides to mature and take care of them selves. But when you join a team that you have to take care of yourself and others, its just great.

I previously knew about this and more, but I felt that our timezones are far too spaced out, so I hope you get this.

I too wish you a simple "Good Luck", a pat on the back, and a prayer to the earth that you stay safe, healthy, and in touch.

So keep with it, get strong, drink milk, hell.. Be 'Like-Mike' and do a slam dunk, although that wont help, I can almost do it.

--ken--

P.S: From now on I will stop calling you Lee, and start calling you Qu-Tip head.
In response to NeoHaxor
NeoHaxor wrote:
This has gained even more of my respect for you, if that means anything. Its great when someone decides to mature and take care of them selves. But when you join a team that you have to take care of yourself and others, its just great.

I previously knew about this and more, but I felt that our timezones are far too spaced out, so I hope you get this.

I too wish you a simple "Good Luck", a pat on the back, and a prayer to the earth that you stay safe, healthy, and in touch.

So keep with it, get strong, drink milk, hell.. Be 'Like-Mike' and do a slam dunk, although that wont help, I can almost do it.

--ken--

P.S: From now on I will stop calling you Lee, and start calling you Qu-Tip head.

Thanks Ken, I really appreciate all what you just said there. Whats with the "Qu-Tip head" name? :-D

Also Sariat, I want to join the Army to become a more fit person and to be able to do some good in life. Working in McDonald's is not really the type of work I would really be interested in doing.

--Lee "Qu-Tip head"