In response to Codesterz
The tragic part is his "conversation" with Trunks.
In response to Codesterz
Don't forget DragonBall GT... Cartoon Network will probably follow with that when DBZ is done...
In response to digitalmouse
Not for a while, I don't even think FUNimation has those yet. But that's my favourite series out of the three.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah, I figured that CN would probably just air the last few as soon as they got them (it doesn't make sense to hold 15 episodes for a whole new season)...

As for Gohan... Who says that he's dead? lol
In response to Codesterz
When fighting Kid Buu, they couldn't fuse... Vegeta had crushed his Potarra earing, so they couldn't become Vegetto again...

And there wasn't enough time to teach him the fusion dance to become Gogeta... (movie 12 doesn't affect the series... Vegeta may have learned the dance there, but he doesn't know it in the series)

So that's why they didn't fuse to defeat Buu...

But besides... It was another excuse for the main man to chalk up another win...lol

But I do agree that touching death scenes lose a little bit of their power when you realize that the DBs are somewhere around...lol
In response to Nadrew
I believe I read recently that they have picked up the rights for GT, and plan to have it ready for a late 2003/2004 release...

But since GT is so short, we'll probably get it all in one shot...lol

What I'm more worried about is the movies... My favorite is number 13, but at the rate FUNi's going, it'll be years before we get that one...lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Yeah FUNI has the rights, but only the first 10 episodes, as for movies, FUNI has them all, but won't air them, just sell them.
In response to Nadrew
GT started out bad but got much better along the way.
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:

Goku, as I remember.. If I recall, the commercial had this in it...

<code> Goku: ..Vegeta and Gohan are dead. Bulma: Nnnooooooo! </code>

-Rcet
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:

Goku, as I remember.. If I recall, the commercial had this in it...

<code> > Goku: ..Vegeta and Gohan are dead. > Bulma: Nnnooooooo! > </code>

-Rcet

Gohan was not dead, Vegeta was on the other hand.

Here is how it went.

Vegeta sacrificed himself to try to save the world and rid the world from Buu.

Gohan on the other hand was knocked unconscious by Buu from a blast. Then, The Supreme Kai searched for the unconscious Gohan and eventually, Kabito found the Supreme Kai and healed him. Then, both the Supreme Kai and Kabito go on a search for Gohan and eventually find him. Thus finding him on the verge of death, they teleport to the Supreme Kais planet where Gohan is then healed and sent to retrieve the Z-Sword by the Supreme Kai.

Result ending as:

Gohan -- Alive
Vegeta -- Dead

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Exactly... But I didn't want to go and ruin it for everyone... Just drop a subtle hint...lol
In response to Lesbian Assassin
oh but wait theres still dragonball gt
In response to FuZzY DiCe
And 7 more DBZ movies...

And the GT special...

And 4 movies for Dragonball...

Not to mention another hundred or so epsidoes of DB...

DBZ is just a portion of the entire universe of Dragonball stuff... We'll be in it for a few more years...

Sorry, Lexy...lol
I knew he wasn't dead, I just didn't want to ruin the suprise for everyone, psh.
Yeah. CN held onto DB for a long time (they have all the episodes) for reasons I don't know, but DB is about to get cool (Goku's mid-teen years).
In response to Nadrew
Yea but Dragonball Z movies 5 & 6 were released all in one year, so you never know when movie 7 comes out.

Sorry, Lexy...lol

That's okay... there's still plenty of good things for me to watch. In animated media, I have Redwall, X-Men: Evolution, Masters of the Universe, Simpsons, Powerpuff Girls, Justice League, Batman, and Superman to watch... none of which are badly edited poorly translated versions of a show which loses all redeeming value when removed from its cultural context, and all of which have a higher framerate than Dragonball-type anime (heck, Train Pulling Into Station has a higher framerate. For that matter, so does Nude Descending a Staircase.) None of them feature people flying in a frozen position for twenty seconds against a static blue background to represent anyone leaping ten feet, except for in Powerpuff Girls, which is in part a work of parody.

Also, starting September 24th, I have 23 new episodes to watch of a very good show that's also not a poorly translated badly drawn cartoon show. And when people die on Buffy, it is poignant because no one ever comes back from the grave without horrible, horrible repercussions. God-like cosmic figures aren't distinguished by the fact that it sounds like they're trying to talk underwater with a ham sandwich shoved in their mouth. No one gets ridiculously powerful without paying a huge price. Character growth can mean something other than an opponent who suddenly becomes an ally, or gaining the ability to shoot even BIGGER blasts of energy.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:

Also, starting September 24th, I have 23 new episodes to watch of a very good show that's also not a poorly translated badly drawn cartoon show. And when people die on Buffy, it is poignant because no one ever comes back from the grave without horrible, horrible repercussions. God-like cosmic figures aren't distinguished by the fact that it sounds like they're trying to talk underwater with a ham sandwich shoved in their mouth. No one gets ridiculously powerful without paying a huge price. Character growth can mean something other than an opponent who suddenly becomes an ally, or gaining the ability to shoot even BIGGER blasts of energy.

But... But...

That's what I like about the show! lol

Give me simple, fantasy-type heroic stories over emotionally complex and "realistic" stories anyday...

But in all reality, I originally became a fan of the English dub... But I've since realized that the original is far better, and I own all three series and all related movies/specials in subtitled format... It's much better that way... Everything right down to the voices is better...

Although not much can be done for the animation...lol But I'm not really watching it for the animation...
no it wont cuz theres about 75 left (atleast in japan) but for sure it wont finish the series and also its only 30 new episodes that are coming out.
gohan is dead it even says on the commercial+hes dead while training with the z-sword so there hes DEAD!
Page: 1 2 3 4