ID:191528

Here it is again - 9/11. Look how much the world has changed since September 10, 2001. I have a song that someone I know wrote regarding the horrible acts of September Eleventh. I'm going to upload it to a server in a few minutes. And God Bless You, God Bless your Family, and God Bless AMERICA!!!

::DBHavenMaster::
The world hasn't changed. People have.
Today is 9/10....
In response to WizDragon
I know that. Today is still extremley emotional for a lot Americans.
In response to Mertek
Maybe you're right Mertek.

In response to DBHavenMaster
Not me....

S*** happens.
In response to Sariat
I could say that's such a heartless comment, but I don't really care all that much either. I (luckily) lost no known relatives, so 9/11 really hasn't affected me at all. It's very hard to get all emotional about something that doesn't affect you or relate to you in any way.
Don't be to emotionally messed up tomorrow, it's one of the more likely chances we will be attacked again, or even on the 12th. I'm worried about how the news reports when the defenses went up, because it's going to tell when they are lightened on, and unless the heartless dictators in the mideast are stupid(Which they are in any case) then they will miss the chance to attack in a bit of a vulnerable state, but thats a good thing if they don't try.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
Believe it or not, I think most people would rather have it be forgotten than be reminded of it every year.
In response to Foomer
Not quite true...

I personally don't want it to be forgotten... But I definitely don't want it turned into a holiday or some other spectacle... I don't want it to become some meaningless reason for kids to get out of school years from now...

But forgetting what happened to this country is not a good thing...

Moving on, yes... Healing, yes... Forgetting? Absolutely not...

It should be something we learn from, and remember always to keep us on our toes... We were shown on that day that this country, the one that most of us have felt was inpregnable and invincible for all of our lives, really isn't...

And that simple fact can't be forgotten... With arrogance comes complacency and with complacency comes weakness... We can't have that... So we can never forget that we CAN be attacked... If we forget what happened on that day, then in the future, it will happen again, because we will all fall back into our bubble of invincibility...
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Not me....

S*** happens.

I doubt you'd be so apathetic if you had been a passenger on one of the planes. Or had been visiting the World Trade Center that morning.
In response to DBHavenMaster
How have we changed?
-DogMan
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
I BADLY want it to be forgotten, it just reminds me about how much I hate Americans, which I'd rather not (It's true!). I mean, if we a day for every bombing in the UK it'd be a holiday nearly every day of the year!!!

Da_Very_Un_Patriotic_Rushyo
In response to Da_Rushyo
How many of those bombings resulted in nearly 3,000 deaths and the destruction of a national monument (symbol, or whatever)?

I don't think it should be a holiday but it isn't "just another bombing."

If people outside the US put half the energy they put into hating Americans into making their lives and own countries better, the world would be a much better place.

If you think America is so terrible, I hate to tell you the UK isn't spotless. The point is, name any country that has had any kind of power and I can name attrocities they've committed, abuses against their own people, and attacks on other countries.
In response to Dog Man
I'm having trouble uploading it because most free hosts have an exremley low banwidth rate. I'm looking for someone with DSL to upload it for me to byond. Contact me on AIM SN: DBHavenMaster so I can send you the song.

God Bless America!
In response to Da_Rushyo
Da_Rushyo wrote:
I BADLY want it to be forgotten, it just reminds me about how much I hate Americans, which I'd rather not (It's true!). I mean, if we a day for every bombing in the UK it'd be a holiday nearly every day of the year!!!

If you really feel that strongly about Americans, you could gain a measure of credibility by boycotting American products.
In response to SilkWizard
Probably not, but I actually share those sentiments somewhat. Yes, I'm seriously disturbed by the loss of life (2714, was it?), but people really need to ask themselves whether or not the American government actually needed a slap in the face.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Yes, I'm seriously disturbed by the loss of life (2714, was it?), but people really need to ask themselves whether or not the American government actually needed a slap in the face.

I can't argue with that. The attack was reprehensible, but it did a world of good to jolt us out of our inertia.
What makes you think I didn't lose someone in this tragedy? If you dont know the facts then back the hell off!

In response to English
Well, in all fairness, Americans have done a fair amount of international bigotry themselves. Canadians are welcomed with open arms all across the globe, but most people don't like Americans as much.

To play devil's advocate, 3000 isn't as much as Hiroshima and Nagasaki had.
Page: 1 2 3 4